PDA

View Full Version : Media Search Feature for Samsung C series

darkcloud784
11-06-2012, 02:59 PM
I have a samsung C series TV which comes with Samsung PC Share Manager. I used to use it when I first got my TV but found that its features lacked, infact the only great feature I noticed about it which I was wondering if mezzmo could do is a search feature that works with the media device that is connected to it. For instance, from my tv I used to be able to search for a specific genre, alphabetical letter, or even sort them in a specific order without creating a new playlist or anything. So this thread is really to inquire about how to do this with mezzmo if it is possible. I'd rather not have to create 23947209472093472903472304 playlists just to do this.

Paul
11-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Mezzmo server does have limited search capabilities in the current version (v2.7.1.0). We are planning to improve this in later versions.

For now, you can use active playlists to organize & find your files when browsing on your TV. For example, in Mezzmo, create an active playlist using Genre and all your genres will be listed as sub-playlists. And, within each genre sub-playlist, those videos belonging to each genre will be listed. If you need help to do this, just ask here or contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

darkcloud784
11-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Mezzmo server does have limited search capabilities in the current version (v2.7.1.0). We are planning to improve this in later versions.

For now, you can use active playlists to organize & find your files when browsing on your TV. For example, in Mezzmo, create an active playlist using Genre and all your genres will be listed as sub-playlists. And, within each genre sub-playlist, those videos belonging to each genre will be listed. If you need help to do this, just ask here or contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

I'm already aware of how to do this, I have a smart playlist setup for all my movie files and another for music; I was just hoping there was a way to eliminate the amount of playlists needed to do these tasks. In whole I have 18 playlists fitting different characteristics which setting these up takes a lot of time when you get to a certain size of media space.