PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic DMP-BD77 + MKV + AVI + Subtitles

lostcasey
11-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Hi there.

I'm trying to watch MKV and AVI files in my Panasonic Bluray Player DMP-BD77 with Mezzmo. I am having some trouble to see subtitles (.SRT), even when subs files are in the same folder and have the same video files names.

Subtitles don't work with any MKV or AVI. I have set all Panasonic BDP profiles in Mezzmo but anyone played subtitles.

Please, I found this program great and reaaly would like to see things working properly. Can you help me solving this? Log files are attached.

Thanks.

Paul
11-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Panasonic devices only seem to support displaying external subtitles for DivX (AVI) video files. This is a restriction in Panasonic's firmware (there is nothing Mezzmo can do about it). Looking at your logs, Mezzmo is delivering all your video files (together with the subtitle files) to your Panasonic Blu-ray player, but your Blu-ray player is ignoring the subtitle files - I assume because none of your video files are not DivX files. Given this Panasonic firmware restriction, there are two things you can do to get subtitles displayed on your Blu-ray player - (i) convert your video files to DivX, or (ii) wait until Mezzmo v3.0 is released before the end of this year and it has new features to "burn-in" subtitles into your video so they will be displayed irrespective whether your files are DivX or not.

lostcasey
11-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Really appreciate your help. I will try to convert some videos of mine to DivX and see what happens. Hope this new version of Mezzmo to be released soon.