PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha RX-V671 playback stops

pwalnuts
11-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Hi,
When streaming audio to my Yamaha receiver it will reliably stop playback of a song with about 10 seconds remaining and will not continue to play the rest of the album. I have streamed to this device using Windows Media Center and it works fine, I'd just rather use Mezzmo and not have two media servers running.

I have been through the FAQ's and searched the forums but can't find a solution, any ideas?

Paul
11-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Check your device profile in the Media devices dialog in Mezzmo. Make sure your receiver is using either the 'Yamaha RX' or 'Yamaha RX (MP3)' device profiles. Restart your Mezzmo server and try streaming again after making a device profile change.

If no better, then please send us a set of logs when this problem occurs and we'll see what may be going wrong. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Stream some audio to your Yamaha receiver and when it stops playback as you mention, then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and send them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com for analysis.

pwalnuts
11-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Just for the record, this turned out to be a problem with the Yamaha not handling .m4a files very well. Transcoding the files fixed it.