PDA

View Full Version : Metadata File Tags

stevesuk
11-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Please can I have a list of file tags (not from external files) that Mezzmo uses to get metadata (by file type, if different).

I have worked out most but the 'Creator' I am unable to map with a file tag.

Regards,
Steve.

Paul
11-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Hi Steve,

For music and video files, we use the ID3v2 "TCOM" (Composer) tag for the Creator field - except for Windows media files (WMA, WMV, ASF, etc.) where we use the "WM/Composer" tag for the Creator field.

stevesuk
11-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Thanks for that.

Next question is:-

For .avi files (only) which tag is used for the 'Album' database entry?

... adding an 'Album' (and Artist, Comment etc) tag for mp4 and wmv files register in the Album field correctly but, strangely, 'Album' is different for avi and looks like it probably always uses the folder name.

Regards,
Steve.

Paul
11-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Hi Steve,

For music and video files, we use the ID3v2 "TALB" (or "TAL") (Album) tag for the Album field - except for Windows media files (WMA, WMV, ASF, etc.) where we use the "WM/AlbumTitle" tag for the Album field. For videos, if no album metadata is found within the file, then the parent folder is used for the Album field.

stevesuk
11-13-2012, 07:59 PM
So, are you saying that video ASF files only get looked at and that avi,mp4 etc are ignored (as they don't have WM/" tags).

Steve.

Paul
11-14-2012, 08:38 AM
So, are you saying that video ASF files only get looked at and that avi,mp4 etc are ignored (as they don't have WM/" tags).

No - sorry for the confusion. Mezzmo will look for the ID3v2 "TALB" or "TAL" metadata tag for any music or video file and use this for the Album field. The exception to this are Windows media files (WMV, WMA, ASF, etc.) where the "WM/AlbumTitle" tag is looked for. Finally, if no album tag was found within a video file, then the parent folder name is used.