PDA

View Full Version : JRiver Media Center and Mezzmo

Sorentoman
11-14-2012, 07:45 AM
Hi Guys, well in the continuation of the DLNA saga, I now have a new hurdle to jump. Would like for you guys to see the reply I received from JRiver and translate into what's it going to take. Email as follows:

Welcome.

For a DLNA server to be supported nicely by Media Center, it must support the DLNA search interfaces.

We use this to catalog the available content.

Unfortunately, not all servers support search nicely (some only do browse). You might ask Mezzmo if they're returning everything with search.

We'd be happy to work with them if there's anything we could do to improve the experience.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center & Media Jukebox

The goal is to have a Windows client that can browse the Mezzmo server library and provide the individual with the Title - Year - Thumbnail - Description - Actors. Jriver is the closest I have found that does that by providing all but actors. Program does not necessarily have to play it. Any suggestions would help as to alternative program. As always "Great Work" it's much appreciated. Mark

Paul
11-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Mezzmo does support limited DLNA search in the current version of Mezzmo (v2.7.1.0). We are planning to extend this in a future version of Mezzmo.

However, Mezzmo does deliver artist (actor) information to DLNA client devices when they request it via a DLNA Browse. It delivers the artist information in the form of "upnp:artist" when a device requests the "upnp:artist" attribute in its DLNA Browse. It seems JRiver is not doing this when it issues a DLNA Browse.