PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic Viera Stuttering

cordovakid
11-14-2012, 07:16 AM
Hi there - I have a 2011 Panasonic Viera GT30, to which I am trying to stream 720p and 1080p mkv files through Mezzmo through my computer (the files are already on the computer). Connection is from my Linksys e1000 router, via ethernet cable to the TV. My CPU is 2.8 Ghz with 3 gb of RAM. The 720p videos play OK, though they will occasionally stutter, but the 1080p ones will usually misfire shortly after starting. My question is where is the possible hangup with the system:

(a) router (10/100) limiting the connection?
(b) CPU not powerful enough?
(c) should I be pre-transcoding to help the process? (currently not doing this)
(d) does my ISP speed of 6 mbps have anything to do with the problem, in limiting the connection?

Sorry - just learning this new way of doing business of getting the video to the TV. Great product, just getting through the bugs here. Any help would be appreciated.

Paul
11-14-2012, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the detailed information. A few questions that will help us identify the possible cause:

Are you running the latest version of Mezzmo (v2.7.1.0)? If not, please upgrade to it & try again.
What device profile is assigned to your TV in Mezzmo? Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo to see this.
What is the FFmpeg information on one of the files that is stuttering? To get this, right-click on the video file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.
When you play a video (that stutters), go to your PC and look at the Transcoding pane in Mezzmo. Do you see the file listed in the Transcoding pane and it is being transcoded on-the-fly? Is Mezzmo saying that transcoding is too slow? If this is the case, then you should consider pre-transcoding your video file before streaming it since your CPU & memory may not be powerful for realtime transcoding. Right-click on the video file in Mezzmo and click 'Pre-transcode Files'. In the Pre-transcode Files dialog, choose your device and click 'Choose Formats'. In the Transcoding Formats dialog, choose the bolded format and click OK. Click OK to start pre-transcoding and monitor progress in the Transcoding pane. When transcoding is complete, try streaming the file again to your TV. If it still stutters, let us know.