PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic Viera routing sound to Bose System results totally distorted

jfmoen
11-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Hi All first post. I am running latest version of Mezzmo. I started by ignoring doco.... opps big mistake. Lots of great config optionshttp://forum.conceiva.com/images/smilies/biggrin.png.

Anyway after lots of T & E I found what appears to be the correct trans codes for the TV. I route the sound out to my Bose Family 31 (?) old module that does not deal with digital sound input. So I have a converter box that takes the digital signal and changes it to a non digital signal. Works great and I have had no issues with the TV and the Bose. Clearly the sound conversion is an issue. I do have the issue with other Media players, but not as bad as mezzmo. The Sound is just fine through the TV speakers. Occasioinally one converts and the sound is good out of the Bose.

Is there a target sound default setting.... haven't found one yet, but clearly that is what needs tweaking...

Thanks

John

Paul
11-20-2012, 09:43 AM
We can most likely tweak the device profile to match your needs. We'll need to know a few things first. Some questions:

What model is your Panasonic Viera?
What device profile are you using in Mezzmo for your TV? Go to the Media Devices dialog to see this.
How have you connected your TV audio output to your converter box? (HDMI cable, optical cable, etc.)
What is the manufacturer & model of the converter box?
What audio formats does your converter box accept as input?
What is the FFmpeg information on the one of the files that actually works (i.e. audio is played on your Bose system)? Right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.