PDA

View Full Version : I need my 2 Mezzmos Back !!!!! Please

tkpro
11-20-2012, 11:59 AM
I have been trying to solve this one for the last 3 days non stop. I have multiple network adapters wired and wireless and

In the past and I had 2 Mezzmo icons on all 4 Tvs for the last 2 months or so ( wireless is only from computer that has Mezzmo installed on it to router. It solved a shuddering problem I had)
I can connect to internet on the wireless connection, Mezzmo seems to identify it as I have it on static ip but it never

shows up on tv as ie: Mezzmo 2. If i pull wired connection no device shows if I stop wireless only wired shows up. I Changed the Connection combo box from 'Automatic' to my preferred network adapter but nothing works

Please what the heck is happening

HELP !!!!!!!!! I want my 2 Mezzmos back !!!!!

Paul
11-20-2012, 12:17 PM
We'll help you get back up and running. Please put the Connection combo box setting in the Device Settings dialog back to Automatic. Next turn off your TV(s). Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Turn your TV on and list all the media servers on your TV and try to connect to Mezzmo. When it fails, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. In your email, list the TVs that you have (manufacturer & model) and the IP addresses for them. This will help us diagnose which TV is having problems.

tkpro
11-25-2012, 11:52 AM
I got them back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea Baby

Ok lets rehash the problem -

ok let me try to explain this
- I have a wired (192.168.1.10 ) and wireless (192.168.1.22 )adapter on computer that is running mezzmo
* wireless (192.168.1.22) is only from router to computer running mezzmo
- all TVs are wired back to router w/static ip
but I was was getting a second Mezzmo icon cause the second adapter that was wireless (192.168.1.22 )was sending a second icon to ALL TVs
-that second icon no longer appears if I disable/unplug the wired (192.168.1.10 ) connection Mezzmo Does Not appear on any TVs ( NONE )
-Shouldn't I still be getting the wireless (192.168.1.22 ) connection - I Don't I'm getting No Mezzmo icon

I have rebooted router a hundred times
I have removed all devices and re discovered them all
including wireless adapter (192.168.1.22 )

Windows firewall disabled
Eset Disabled

I can't begin to tell you how many times I have rebooted server and TVs
Paul thanks for all your help these guys/girls @ Mezzmo do a terrific job but everything that was suggested failed for me including patch
So tonite after messing with this for 4 straight days I googled ( Fios DLNA ) which lead me to a post in the cnet forums of someone who was having the same problem, that lead to a post on a verizon forum ( I have Verizon Fios Router ) and there was post after post of people who could no longer see their DNLA server wirelessly

Big Thanks to UTDCole

Quote "I just wanted to let everyone know that I called Verizon this evening and they were of no help - "Try sending an email to the address that is listed somewhere on the website" (which even the technical support rep couldn't find). I did, however, find the solution to this problem!

Login to the router, Advanced -> Yes -> IPMG Proxy - Set IGMP Proxy (Enable/Disable): to Disable and save.

That's all it takes! Happy streaming everyone! ..

BTW...for the one who asked the value/usefulness of IGMP, it is very valuable in business settings where there is any chance that you might get DoS (Denial of Service) attacks with multicast traffic flodding your network (multicast = random data sent to all devices whether they need it or not instead of to a specific device/IP Address). In a home environment this isn't really a big deal to worry about. I really doubt there are any hackers trying to shut down your home network from the inside. Even then the only real way they could do that is if you don't have ANY protection on your network (Wireless Password / AntiVirus / AntiSpyware / etc).

OK a little long on the story but you really have no idea how Happy I am
Thanks to Paul you guys are terrific

A buddy of mine also with Mezzmo and fios had the same problem I just called him and walked him through fix All Working :)

Thanks again UTDCole! Happy Streaming Everyone!

Paul
11-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Well done, tkpro! Glad you are up and running now.

Turning off IGMP in your router is already included in our "Cannot see Mezzmo on your DLNA device?" FAQ - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device. We'll re-word it a little to make it more important.