PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to change the frame rate that Mezzmo Streams at?

ifflanb
11-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Hi. I record my TV programs on Windows Media Center which produces .wtv format video files.
Some of them will stream fine to my Samsung TV but others say "frame rate 50 not supported".
I gather this is a limitation of the TV but my question is, is it possible to change the ffmpeg settings somewhere so that all or selected file types are streamed at 25 frames per second rather than at 50?

Thanks

JohnM
11-23-2012, 03:34 AM
Hi ifflanb

Well the answer is not as simple as I would like but, you can adjust to some extent if you open your Media Devices dialog, select the device profile for your tv. Then select edit. You will notice a presets button. You can try to use one of those settings to see it it helps. Now the hard part is that if it does not help, you can use ffmpeg to manually adjust well almost anything. But it is a bit cumbersome to do. You can get the documentation at http://www.ffmpeg.org/ which will tell you about the options available. The ones you are interested in are:

‘-vframes number (output)’

Set the number of video frames to record. This is an alias for -frames:v.
‘-r[:stream_specifier] fps (input/output,per-stream)’

Set frame rate (Hz value, fraction or abbreviation).

As an input option, ignore any timestamps stored in the file and instead generate timestamps assuming constant frame rate fps.

As an output option, duplicate or drop input frames to achieve constant output frame rate fps (note that this actually causes the fps filter to be inserted to the end of the corresponding filtergraph).

There are other options available such as: http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/314805-Windows-Media-Center-wtv-720p-%2860fps%29-to-Xvid-AVI-%2824fps%29-in-Windows-7
So you are not alone.
John

Paul
11-23-2012, 08:25 AM
We can create a device profile for you that lowers the frame rate to value that your Samsung will be able to play. Contact us via email at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. In your email, let us know what device profile you are currently using with your Samsung TV. Go to the Media Devices dialog to see this. Also, in your email, include the FFmpeg information for one of your .WTV files. To do this, right-click on the .WTV file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.