PDA

View Full Version : Controlling DLNA via Android Phone

SpockThePain
11-24-2012, 03:08 AM
I used to be able to control DLNA from my Android phone but it no longer works. I had a few DLNA apps on the phone but many of them no longer work or haven't been updated for a long time. So I decided to start afresh. The two apps I am trying are iMediaShare and MediaHouse as they seem to be currently supported. iMediaShare looks better than MediaHouse and I will probably use that one but both of them have the same result.

I am trying to get my Google TV box to play the media. From the Google TV box media player, if I try to play an MP3 directly from Mezzmo then it will play it so I know that Mezzmo->Google TV box works.

When I try iMediaShare (or MediaHouse), choosing Mezzmo as the source and the Google TV as the player, the same mp3 just shows on the screen as a broken 'z' and does not play.

The device settings in Mezzmo are

Device Name: iMediaShare [motorola DROIDX]
Device Profile: Sony Google TV

The Device Name actually set itself like this! The Device Profile name I set myself because I think I remember you said this was required (in another reply to one of my threads). It seems a bit of an annoyance since this dedicates the phone to be a controller. If instead I wanted to play to it as a local device I would have to go to the PC and change the Mezzmo profile to RockPlayer or something else.

Maybe this isn't the way to do it? Also I should mentioned I recently got a new Cisco 6500 N-router. I don't think this makes a difference but it does have its own Twonky DLNA server built in.

Paul
11-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Please turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Try streaming the MP3 to your Google TV box using iMediaShare. When it fails, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com for analysis.