PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo Can't Stream Anymore

tyler78
11-25-2012, 07:53 AM
Hi. I'm using Mezzmo 2.7.1.0 on Windows 8 64 bit. I've been using Mezzmo without a problem on both win7 and win8 but lately, Mezzmo started to not stream at all. I didn't do anything different or install anything new on my pc. But when I open a video from my tv, it just says "loading" and stucks there. When I look at the main Mezzmo window, I see Mezzmo saying "streaming filename.avi" on status bar. Weird thing is, this status keeps disappearing. Then reappearing. Then disappearing again.

Compacting database was fixing the problem sometimes but it's not fixing anymore.

My tv is LG 50PM6800(it's 50PM6700 internationally). It has a buit-in wifi which is what I'm using to connect to my pc and mezzmo. Connection is pretty good. About 65-70 mbps. I use Mezzmo to stream small tv series and big movies. It even played 20 gig movies which has 15-17 mbps bitrate. It was perfect when it was working.

I disabled transcoding because my tv can play my files without it.

I did a reinstall but didn't work.

I'm using Comodo IS but disabling Comodo or whitelisting mezzmo exe files didn't help.

I also forwarded a port for it. But that didn't work either.

Help me.

Edit: Device settings says "LG Tv LE(NTSC)" but my tv isn't ntsc. Can changing this to "LG tv(2012 models)" fix my problem? Since my tv is 2012 model.

tyler78
11-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Hey!!! Problem looks to be gone for now. I just did a test and it worked. I will test it more tomorrow. My sister is sleeping in tv room right now so I couldn't test it more thoroughly. :)

This is what I did:
- I gave permissions for 1900, 2869 and 53168(the port I'm using) in Comodo.
- I changed the device profile to "LG TV (2012 Models)". And selected "always deliver" for everything.
- Disabled IGMP snooping and Upnp on my router.
- Set Connection to Wireless N(600Mbps) in device settings.

Paul
11-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Glad you are up and running again. My guess is that your router changes or the Comodo changes made it work. I do recommend changing the "always deliver" settings back to their default settings in the Device Settings dialog.

tyler78
11-26-2012, 10:33 PM
It did the same thing again today. :(
I enabled logging before. I attached my logs. I hope you can tell me the problem.

Edit: I changed the delivery settings to default btw.
Edit2: I've changed my wireless from wpa2 to wpa and it worked again. I'm guessing my problem is with my router, not mezzmo. My ISP gave it to me for free. I guess it sucks at not dropping connections.
Changing to wpa actually going quite good. I've added movies, removed them, recreated library and messed with mezzmo a little to see if problem is going to occur again but it didn't. I hope it stays that way.

Paul
11-27-2012, 09:25 AM
Glad you back up and running again. It's quite common for routers' settings to block DLNA communication between Mezzmo server and your DLNA device. We have a list of common router settings that affect DLNA communication here - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device. Also, rebooting you router when Mezzmo is not listed on your device or when DLNA streaming fails is a good idea as sometimes routers' firmware can get stuck and require resetting.

tyler78
12-04-2012, 04:39 PM
After days of use, I can confirm that lowering the security on my router did the job. The day I wrote my last message here, I set security to wep and it's working great so far. If anybody experience the same problem should try it. Not only it's working, but it's working so fast and without a problem. Videos opens almost instantly.

Paul
12-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Glad you are up and running again. Thanks for letting us know that your router's settings were the cause.