PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to turn off subtitles by default (Samsung ES8000)?

sach160
11-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Hi, I am trialling Mezzmo and really like it. It's not a big deal, but one thing that bugs me is that for anything I play (usually mkvs) on my TV, I have turn off the english subtitles every time. Is there any way of turning off subtitles on mkv files by default (either on the TV or on Mezzmo)?

Thanks for the help!

Paul
11-27-2012, 07:00 AM
We don't have a Samsung E-series TV here, but for our B-series, C-series and D-series TVs, I cannot see a way to turn off subtitles for all videos in their onscreen menus.

With regards Mezzmo, there's no option to turn off subtitles if the video file is streamed natively to your device and the video file has subtitles embedded in the video file. You will have to continue to turn them off on your TV. If you have external subtitle files (.SRT, .SUB, .SMI) alongside your video files, then you can remove/rename these files and the run Maintain Library in Mezzmo. After this, Mezzmo will not deliver the external subtitle file to your TV and no subtitles will appear.

Paul
11-27-2012, 09:05 AM
Just to add - in Mezzmo v3.0, you will have the option to turn off subtitles (external, embedded and burnt subtitles). Mezzmo v3.0 is scheduled for release next month and is a free upgrade for all registered users.

sach160
11-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the reply Paul, much appreciated. Look forward to seeing this feature in version 3.0. Cheers.