PDA

View Full Version : [Samsung C650] - List by folder viewable on TV

serifos
06-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi. I downloaded the evaluation Mezzmo program today. My first impression is very positive. I built a library with content from my networked disks, and I could view them on the TV. I do not know yet, which ones are transcoded or no, I do have a number of different formats for videos and I did see that the transcoded-files subdirectory became large.

In any case, I have these questions that are pretty important to me:
1) my media collection is sorted in a specific (sub) directory tree. I can see the same tree created on the mezzmo library in the computer. BUT, when I select folders on the TV, they are empty. The only way to select a video, say, is to go to either 'All Videos' or 'Format type' listing. This is very inconvenient, if one has a pretty large collection.

2) I did not see any iso support. Is there any planned for the near future?

Paul
06-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Hi,

Can you please tell me if you're using the latest version 2.1.7? We had an issue with files not appearing in some folders sometimes in 2.1.6, but it was meant to be fixed in 2.1.7. If you are still experiencing it, can you please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll get you a patched version.

ISO is not supported at the moment basically because FFmpeg does not support these files and we rely on FFmpeg for transcoding. Once FFmpeg supports them, so will Mezzmo.

serifos
06-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Hi,

Can you please tell me if you're using the latest version 2.1.7? We had an issue with files not appearing in some folders sometimes in 2.1.6, but it was meant to be fixed in 2.1.7. If you are still experiencing it, can you please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll get you a patched version.

ISO is not supported at the moment basically because FFmpeg does not support these files and we rely on FFmpeg for transcoding. Once FFmpeg supports them, so will Mezzmo.

I do have the 2.1.7 (downloaded it 2-3 days ago). Anyway, I am still evaluating a a few streaming programs and the option of going into a media player, like an Mvix Ultio Pro, that access media files directly, without the need of a streaming application (or so is my understanding).

On the ISO support. I am not very familiar with media processing on the PC, but, even if the FFmpeg does not support an ISO image, your program could open up that ISO (something like what Alcohol does) to feed the FFmpeg with the VOBs. Isn't it doable?

Paul
06-24-2010, 08:45 AM
Yes, that's one possibility to deal with ISO images and we'll be looking into this for one of the future updates for sure.

paulo
07-03-2010, 08:38 PM
1) my media collection is sorted in a specific (sub) directory tree. I can see the same tree created on the mezzmo library in the computer. BUT, when I select folders on the TV, they are empty. The only way to select a video, say, is to go to either 'All Videos' or 'Format type' listing. This is very inconvenient, if one has a pretty large collection.

I have exactly the same problem evaluating Mezzmo 2.1.7. All files from my network drive (mapped in Windows as drive letters) are normally visible in Mezzmo GUI while I see only empty root folder on Samsung TV (LE32C650). Files are only visible in "All files" or "by file type" playlist however it's not workable for a library with hundreds of assets like mine.
Any chance to have it fixed? With this bug Mezzmo is not usable for me.

Paul
07-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Can you please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and I'll send you a patched version to try.

butterbing
07-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Did anyone find a solution to this problem as my Samsung TV is also having the same problem all my folders are listed on TV but are all empty...I can access my movies as long as I select "All files" or "File Type" etc
I have 2.1.7. and have been supplied a patch which has helped the stability of running the program (prior to this patch ...it kept locking my tv up and my tv would keep turning off and resetting"

Paul
07-07-2010, 08:32 AM
We're working on fixing this and I'll let you know once we have a working solution. It will help if you can generate a log file browsing those empty folders and send it in to support so that we would see more test cases to help us fix it.

paulo
07-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Hi Dennis,

I posted you an e-mail at support (at) conceiva (dot) com but no response unfortunately.

In the mean time I found a workaround solution! It worked at least in my case.
When I added folders on my NAT not via mapped drive letters (like X:\xxx\yyy) but via direct path to my NAT (like \\my_server\share_x\xxx\yyy) it worked!
I think this should also be a hint for Mezzmo developers how to find ultimate fix.

Paul
07-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Thank you for letting me know - we're fixing this issue here and it should be available as part of the next update.