PDA

View Full Version : Support for standard metadata such as Composer

bloomsday
11-29-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm sure this has been mentioned in various ways before, but I can't see any support for Composer metadata. This is supported by other media servers I have sampled and appears to be standard, so why does mezzmo not support it ?

I'm sure this applies to other metadata elements as well, as the Mezzmo list is short.

I await a response telling me I have missed the obvious and there is a setting somewhere.

Paul
11-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Mezzmo uses the Creator field in the Properties dialog for storing/setting the composer information. When you add files into your Mezzmo library, Mezzmo reads the composer/creator/director metadata from within video, music & photo files and from within any associated external metadata files (e.g. mymovies.xml, movie.xml, series.xml, <episode>.xml, <filename>.nfo, <filename.tgmd). This creator/composer information is passed to your DLNA devices when browsing playlists and playing files from Mezzmo server.

bloomsday
11-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Mezzmo uses the Creator field in the Properties dialog for storing/setting the composer information. When you add files into your Mezzmo library, Mezzmo reads the composer/creator/director metadata from within video, music & photo files and from within any associated external metadata files (e.g. mymovies.xml, movie.xml, series.xml, <episode>.xml, <filename>.nfo, <filename.tgmd). This creator/composer information is passed to your DLNA devices when browsing playlists and playing files from Mezzmo server.

Well, not quite a setting, but even simpler.

Thanks for that.