PDA

View Full Version : Auto Chaptering and TV Samsung E

vaporize
12-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi all,

I'm trying Mezzmo 2.7.1.0 with my TV Samsung E - UE22ES5400.
It works great, I can play everything from Wifi, it's wonderful.

The only thing that annoy me is the Chaptering.
Fast forward is working (with arrows buttons) but it can be very slow to go to 50 minutes of movie for example.

I've looked at the forum, it appears that the solution is chaptering.
And it seems 15 min auto chaptering has been introduced with 2.4.3 (else I have to use a .mta file, but I don't know how it works).

So, I can't get working chaptering, I don't know how to proceed to use it (I've tried the main button in the center, and the button "ch list").
Tried with different type of movie (.avi, .mkv, etc..)

Is there a way to get working Auto Chaptering for my TV ?

Thanks.

Paul
12-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Later model Samsung TV models (D-series and E-series) have much better time search features than the older A/B/C-series TVs, so auto-chaptering becomes less required if you have one of these later models. On your E-series TV, when you are playing a video, press the Tools button on your remote control and use the Time Search feature to navigate to any part of the video that you want. That should allow you to quickly jump to sections in the video.

vaporize
12-10-2012, 06:57 PM
It works like a charm !
I haven't found this built in functionnality on the TV, sorry.

Thanks a lot for your help !

Paul
12-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Glad you are up and running. Hope you enjoy streaming with Mezzmo :)

popica79
12-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Later model Samsung TV models (D-series and E-series) have much better time search features than the older A/B/C-series TVs, so auto-chaptering becomes less required if you have one of these later models. On your E-series TV, when you are playing a video, press the Tools button on your remote control and use the Time Search feature to navigate to any part of the video that you want. That should allow you to quickly jump to sections in the video.

Hello,
I have an E series Samsung TV and I noticed the Time Search functionality.
The issue I'm having is that, although most of the time it's working, sometimes, for certain movies, when pressing the Tools button, I don't have the Time Search option (it is simply not there). I figured that this is happening when I'm playing a movie in a format that is not supported by TV player and Mezzmo is doing some transcoding.
Am I correct? Is there anything for me to do in order to overcome this?

Thanks for clearing this out for me!

Paul
12-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Once the video file has been fully transcoded by Mezzmo, does the time search feature work the next time you stream the video file?

Rainey
12-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Time search does not work with video file formats You will find that even files that do not need/get trans coded will also not have the time search option enabled.
I have seen even the same type of files like avi files, one works and one don't. So it all depends on each file and how it was made.

I had many WMV files and many did not work with time search, and all the older files made with a lower version of the WMV encoder would not work but 7 and up worked. So i re encoded they to the newer version.

Paul
12-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Thanks for letting us know this, Rainey.