PDA

View Full Version : What profile for Raspberry PI running Raspbmc with MPEG-2 and VC-1 license active

Nemo
12-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Hello,
I'm running a Raspberry PI with Raspbmc as a client with Mezzmo. Using the "kindle fire" profile woorks fine with transcoding files to mp4 (as the original Raspberry doesn't have a MPEG-2 license).
Now I purchased the licenses for MPEG-2 and VC-1, so now it should be able to decode these in hardware.

Any suggestions, what profile would best fit a Raspberry with MPEG-2 and VC-1 enabled?

Thanks a lot,
Nemo

Paul
12-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide a device profile that matches your device's format capabilities. In your email, list the video, music and photo formats that it supports.

Nemo
12-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Thank you Paul, but I think I found a workable solution:

For the Raspberry PI, running Raspmbc(XBMC version for Raspberry) WITHOUT additional codec licenses:
Use the "Amazon Kindle Fire" profile and let Mezzmo transcode to mp4 (h.264)

If you have purchased and installed the MPEG-2 and VC-1 licenses (only a few $$):
Use the "XBMC" profile and disable transcoding. The Raspbmc will play almost all formats.

Works fine for me, hope it will help other RPI users.

Nemo

Paul
12-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Nice work. Thanks for posting this for other RPI owners.

randombox
03-13-2013, 05:02 AM
It is good to see the great folks Conceiva/Mezzmo are paying some attention to Raspberry Pi.
One can only hope that you don't get left behind and don't let this RPi community starve w/o your involvement. :)

Paul
03-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks, randombox. If any RPI owners are having problems with Mezzmo streaming media to their RPI, then let us know and we're happy to help out :)