PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo doesn't read movie.xml (and other questions) ?

eric.morand
12-14-2012, 09:46 AM
Hi guys,

I'm considering buying Meezmo and have some questions regarding the metadata and TV shows support :

- My movies are stored on a folder named "Movies", containing a folder by movie, which contains 3 files : movie.m4v, movie.xml and movie.jpg. For example, the movie "Inception" is stored in the following way in my hard disk :

--- Movies
------ Inception
---------movie.m4v
---------movie.xml
---------movie.jpg

Note that no metadata has been embedded in he m4v file. The movie.xml file contains the title, the year, the genre, the sorttitle and so on...

Mezzmo displays the file movie.m4v in my library, but with the title "movie" and no metadata set (year is 2012, genre is not set...). But the cover is retrieved successfully from the movie.jpg file.

Is this a known behavior ? Do Mezzmo support movie.xml metadata files ? I was sure I read somewhere that it was...

Here is a sample of the movie.xml file :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<movie>
<genre>Thriller</genre>
<title>Inception</title>
<year>2010</year>
</movie>

File is encoded in UTF-8.

- My second question concerns TV Shows : I can't find a way to have them detected as a separate type by Mezzmo like it is possible in iTunes for instance. Is there a way to accomplish this ? How do other Mezzmo users manage their library to have separate lists for movies and TV Shows ?

Thanks by advance for your help,

Eric.

Paul
12-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Hi Eric,

Mezzmo does read <filename>.xml files or 'movie.xml' or 'mymovies.xml' files. Please email one of your XML files and we'll take a look. Also let us know what tool you used to generate the XML file. Email this information to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Mezzmo v3.0 will have TV shows better organized and listed for you. It is due to be released in the next few weeks (currently being Beta tested - see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/5492-Mezzmo-v3-0-Invitation-for-Beta-testers).

eric.morand
12-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Thanks,

I've sent an email to the support.

And I'm happy to hear that TV Shows will meet some love in v3.0. Can't wait to put my hand on it...

Eric.

Paul
12-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks, Eric. Got your email & we'll look into it before we release Mezzmo v3.0.