PDA

View Full Version : Smart playlists as content filters for their children

eric.morand
12-15-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi guys,

Wouldn't it be great if Mezzmo allowed to add subplaylists to smart playlists ? In this case, the "parent" smart playlist would only be used as a content filter for the "children" playlists, thus not displaying any media when browsed but only their "children" playlists.

For example :

- Songs of the Nineties (Smart playlist that filter songs that were released between 1990 and 1999)
-- By Genre (Active playlist based on the songs of the nineties)
--- By Artist
---- By Album
-- Best Of (Smart playlist that only display songs of the nineties that have a rating of 4 or more)

In this case, browsing "Song of the Nineties" from a client would only display "By Genre" and "Best Of" and not the actual songs of the nineties.

In other word : when a Smart playlist has children, do not display the media but only the subplaylists and use the smart playlist filtered content as data source for the children playlists.

I'm not even sure it would be tough to implement so...pleeeeaaaaaase ! :o

Kind regards,

Eric.

Bodders-11
12-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Seconded.
I am trying to organise my Classical music. It seemed logical to apply a Smart List filter (by Genre) and then use a an Active Filter below it to categorise by Creator. But there seems to be no 'inheritance' from the Smart List.

eric.morand
12-16-2012, 02:59 AM
Exactly Bodders-11, it seemed logical to me too...

Paul
12-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Agree - it's a good idea and one that we have planned to implement. Once Mezzmo v3.0 is released, we will be starting on new feaures like this. Many thanks for the suggestion.

eric.morand
12-17-2012, 07:43 AM
Can't wait, thanks guys, you rock !

Snyper
12-17-2012, 02:53 PM
I created two separate playlists, one containing all the media, and one without the media not appropriate for children. Then I just used the permissions to make each list visible to a separate device. Eg. Kid friendly playlist available on longeroom tv, all-media playlist available on bedroom tv.