PDA

View Full Version : How to remove the standard MUSIC folder from mezzmo library

BeFi
12-17-2012, 03:13 AM
I have just set up a separate FLAC library for my Yamaha NP-S2000 streamer. Until now I only had a library of MP3 files.

I would like to remove all MP3 files from my Mezzmo library and add the FLAC files only. Both file types are maintained in separate directory trees. The MP3 files represent the standard Windows 'music' library.

Now when I go to 'Maintain Library' to delete the MP3 folder and the list of directories is empty despite the Mezzmo library has all the MP3 files. Hence I can't remove the MP3 directory.

I tried to remove the 'All Music' smart playlist from Mezzmo's library tree but when recreating the 'All Music' playlist it did not provide an option to choose the directory - it always defaults to library\music.

Paul
12-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Hi BeFi,

If you wish to remove all MP3 files, then select Music -> File Type -> MP3 in the tree in Mezzmo. This will list all your MP3 files in your Mezzmo library. Click on one MP3 file to put focus on the list of MP3s. Now select all files that are listed (using Ctrl + A keys) and then press the DEL key to remove them. When the confirmation message appears, select the 'Apply To All' checkbox and click OK. That should remove all your MP3 files from your Mezzmo library.

In future, if you just want to add FLAC files (and ignore any MP3 files) and you add your music files using the "Add To Library" -> "Add Folder" command, then make sure you edit the 'File filter' edit box to be just "*.fla;*.flac;" so that only FLAC files are found and added into your Mezzmo library for that folder.

BeFi
12-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Thanks Paul,

That worked - not intuitive at first but when one gets the logic its compelling.

Merry Christmas to you and the whole team at Conceiva
Bernhard

Paul
12-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Glad you are up and running now, Bernhard. Merry Christmas to you and your family.