PDA

View Full Version : Server stops working?

SaabAero
06-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Hi!

I got my mezzmo server on my server-computer, which has no screen and is turned on 24/7. After some time (1-2 days), when i turn on my tv to acess my media, the tv dont find any server. a quick restart of the mezzmo server, and its back. Since my server has no screen, it take time to do this every time... any solution to get the server stay stable all the time? :)

RMerlin
06-26-2010, 11:05 AM
This might not be a long-term solution, but a temporary workaround would be to have a scheduled task restart the Mezzmo service every night, and see if that helps. If not, then maybe there is an issue when Mezzmo tries to refresh its library.

I assume your server doesn't go into sleep mode at some point? Otherwise, you might have the same issue I had - whenever my computer came out of sleep the Mezzmo service wasn't visible on the network. I resolved the issue by having a scheduled task restarting the Mezzmo service whenever my computer came out of sleep. Check this forum for a post I made on how to do this.

SaabAero
06-27-2010, 05:47 AM
This might not be a long-term solution, but a temporary workaround would be to have a scheduled task restart the Mezzmo service every night, and see if that helps. If not, then maybe there is an issue when Mezzmo tries to refresh its library.

I assume your server doesn't go into sleep mode at some point? Otherwise, you might have the same issue I had - whenever my computer came out of sleep the Mezzmo service wasn't visible on the network. I resolved the issue by having a scheduled task restarting the Mezzmo service whenever my computer came out of sleep. Check this forum for a post I made on how to do this.

Hmm, the only problem by scheduled restarting is that i often use the server at night (especially now in vacation). You are right, my server doesent go to sleep mode, but still the server is not found by tv after some time.

Anyone got som solution on this? :D

Paul
06-28-2010, 08:46 AM
If the PC with Mezzmo doesn't go to sleep, then it should of course always be available. We'll try to reproduce that here and I'll let you know how that goes.

What OS are you running on that box?

SaabAero
06-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi, thanks for reply ;)

My box is running Windows Server 2008R2

Please keep me updated on any progress :)

Mark
01-19-2011, 02:19 AM
But since it didn't get answered, goto Mezzmo service properties and under Recovery tab choose "restart the service" for 1st, 2nd and subsequent failures.