PDA

View Full Version : Unable to access Video when Folder playlist points to a NAS

Bodders-11
12-19-2012, 03:26 AM
Hi,
I've just started hitting an odd problem with Mezzmo 2.7.1. All of my media files are on a NAS (Music and Video), whilst mezzmo runs on a Win 7 x64 machine.

The following affects both a Panasonic Viera (2011) and a WDTV Streaming media Player.

If I try and navigate to Video files via Folder playlists, then no media is displayed by Mezzmo on either of the above devices. On the Panasonic the screen remains blank whilst the WDTV puts up the 'no media in the folder' message. However if I set up an Smart or Active Playlist to some or all of the same videos then they are listed and playable.

If I point Mezzmo to a folder on the PC then all is ok. Even if the NAS folder only contains a few files - or even just sub-folders - then I get the problem.
Opening the folder structure in the Mezzmo GUI is not as quick as in Windows Explorer - but not desperately slow either

It would seem that Mezzmo is unable to enumerate folder's located on a NAS in 'real' time.

The network from PC to NAS is Gigabyte

I've had this working in the past - so I don't know what has changed. Any suggestions?

Bodders

Bodders-11
12-19-2012, 04:01 AM
Sorry
it seems I was in too much of a rush to post my question. I had seen the article on changing Service credential to allow Mezzmo to access a NAS, but because I could access media via Smart and Active Playlists, had assumed that this was not the same problem. However I have now followed the instructions given in http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/4597-FAQ-Accessing-files-from-external-computers-and-NAS-drives-on-your-home-network and lo and behold Folder navigation is working once again.

I can only assume that the access permissions set on the NAS have changed at some point thus now preventing access via the Local System account.

So once again, my apologies for posting too quickly.
Bodders

Paul
12-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks for posting back your solution. Glad you are back up and running again.