PDA

View Full Version : Profile for Sony Network Audio Control

rcblackwell
12-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Installed Sony's Network Audio Control on my Android phone. Mezzemo's playlist can be viewed using the default profile selected by Mezzemo however none of the controls work the Sony SMP-N100 Media Server that I'm trying to control. I've been tinkering with profiles for the controller in hopes of finding one that works. So far no luck.

Can someone tell me which profile they used with Sony's Network Audio Control application?

Thanks

Paul
12-20-2012, 11:39 AM
You are trying to use Sony's Network Audio Control Android app as a remote control (or in DLNA-speak - as a digital media controller [DMC]) for your Sony SMP-N100 media player (which is a DLNA digital media renderer [DMR] or player [DMP]). So I would suggest you should set the device profile in Mezzmo to the endpoint that you are streaming to - i.e. your Sony SMP-N100 media player. Try one of the 'Sony SMP-N100' device profiles.

rcblackwell
12-21-2012, 12:31 AM
I thought that would be the case as well. I'm not able to control the unit with those settings. If I select a song using the Android app it takes about two minutes then the app returns an error indicating it can't play the song.

I'll keep tinkering. If I'm successful I'll post back. If someone else has an answer, please post.

THanks

rcblackwell
12-21-2012, 05:09 AM
I'll keep tinkering. If I'm successful I'll post back.
I've tried every Sony Device Profile listed for Media Devices. No Luck. The closest I came was a stop button that allowed me to stop the current song. Although I could see the Media Library none of the songs selected would start playing. Ah well....

Paul
12-21-2012, 07:36 AM
It's best we see a set of logs to see how the Sony Android app is communicating with Mezzmo. Please set the device profile to 'Sony SMP-N100 (NTSC)' and turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Restart your Mezzmo server and then try to connect, browse and play files on Mezzmo using your Sony Android app. When it fails, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.