PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista, PS3, Verizon Fios Router

djkurve
12-26-2012, 05:27 AM
Hi,

I finally got Mezzmo installed today. I thought it would be an easy process, but it's proven to be anything but easy. So here's what I wanted to accomplish. The ability to stream video/music from my desktop PC (via a wireless card) to my PS3. (Which is plugged directly into the Fios router) Upon installing Mezzmo, I picked the folders of media that I wanted to share via my PS3. Took awhile to scan all of them, but once it finished I proceeded to scan for media servers on my PS3 and it said none found. I restarted Mezzmo and it said the server was running. I've disabled my Anti Virus/Firewall (McAfee) and tried and, but no luck. Why is this not working???:confused::confused::confused:

Paul
12-27-2012, 03:19 PM
The reason that Mezzmo is not listed on your DLNA device (i.e. your PS3) is typically caused by something blocking DLNA communication between Mezzmo and your PS3. This is often caused by your firewall or system protection software on your PC, or your current settings in your router. See this FAQ for a checklist that lists the common causes - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device. If you are still having problems, let us know.