PDA

View Full Version : LG 47LV5500 trouble loading

jlbloom
12-27-2012, 04:11 AM
I have installed the trial version of Mezzmo. I have an LG 47LV5500 TV. The DLPA input displays the Mezzmo server. I can select it and view the folders. I pre-transcoded a 58 minute video. If I try to view it, it loads for about 30 seconds and plays for about 30 seconds. It does this over and over. I must have missed something.

Please advise.

Paul
12-27-2012, 03:27 PM
It is possible that Mezzmo is streaming your transcoded file to your TV but your home network is too slow to transmit the video in real time, so your TV must wait to load some of the movie and then play it, and so on. We recommend you use Ethernet cables for your home network for fast, stable streaming - or if you wish to use wireless, then use wireless-N with full signal strength.

jlbloom
12-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Paul,

Thanks for your reply. I can watch Amazon videos on the TV without the same loading pauses. They are streamed over the same home network. I have a linksys router that I am not using with our current Bright House wireless network. Is it possible to use it? Can you point me to something that tells me how to configure it?

Thanks,
Julie

Paul
12-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Hi Julie,

Please send us a set of logs when you stream the video and we'll see if we can see what's going wrong. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo using your LG TV and then start streaming the video. When it stops midway and starts playing it again, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all your logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

jlbloom
12-30-2012, 02:03 AM
Hello!

I have emailed the logs as requested.

Thanks,
Julie

Paul
12-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks, Julie. We will respond via email after we analyze them.

jlbloom
01-03-2013, 01:13 AM
Paul,

I'm happy to report that the problem is fixed. I'm able to watch videos without the "loading..." interruptions. I appreciate your responsiveness to this problem.

Thanks,
Julie

Paul
01-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Excellent news, Julie. Hope you enjoy streaming with Mezzmo :)

bigdaddyblues
03-31-2013, 05:25 AM
Paul,
What was Julie's problem. Could you share the fix?? I also have continuous loading.

Paul
03-31-2013, 08:26 PM
The fix should be included in Mezzmo v3.1. Have you upgraded to this new version?

bigdaddyblues
04-02-2013, 07:45 AM
I'm just went on travel. Will check version and get back. Thanks!

bigdaddyblues
04-14-2013, 10:38 PM
482Paul,
I was still having problems after installing 3.10 and was going to send some logs but I got it working.

I have my PC with Mezzmo installed downstairs with a direct line of sight of the TV. It's about 30 ft.
The TV was disconnecting about every 20-30 minutes. I then have to restart the TV.
I have a range extender about 20-25 ft. from the TV.
I noticed the media devices show the TV having the MAC Adress of my extender.
I disconnected the extender (refer to other attachment) and now my TV has the MAC Address of the TV (8C:CB:CD:72:29:5F)
and know it works just fine ...
By the way I was using the trial which updated to 3.1.1 and still had the problem.

My phones and laptops have good signal strength with the extender.
Would you want me to plug the extender back in and create some log files.

Paul
04-15-2013, 10:12 AM
It seems your extender may be acting as a network bridge on your home network. When there is a network bridge between Mezzmo and your devices, Mezzmo tries to get the MAC address of your TV (and goes through your extender to reach your TV) but your extender provides it's own MAC address instead. This can confuse Mezzmo and the device profile used for your device behind the network bridge. Two ways to fix this:

Check the settings for your extender. See if there is a setting for 'MAC forwarding' or 'MAC pass through' and turn it on. Save this setting. Reboot your extender. Go to the Media Devices dialog and delete all your devices and restart your Mezzmo server. Hopefully you see the right MAC addresses now.
Some extenders/routers don't have this setting. If there is no setting for MAC forwardng/pass though in your extender, then go to the Media Devices dialog and turn on the "Use only IP addresses to identify devices" checkbox. You will have to set static IP addresses for your devices when using this setting. Click Help on the Media Devices dialog for more explanation of this setting. Delete all devices from the Media Devices dialog and restart your Mezzmo server.