PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to help with the disappearing Mezzmo issues: watchdog

RMerlin
06-28-2010, 02:42 PM
While trying a competitor's product, I discovered that they seemed to have some kind of watchdog service. Having seen service stopping issues with other products than Mezzmo, I wonder if it wouldn't be a problem with Windows (or the UPNP protocol in general) itself, in which case Conceiva might be unable to fully resolve it.

I like the idea: how about installing a watchdog service alongside Mezzmo that would try to connect to it every, say, 5 minutes? If the service doesn't respond in a timely manner, then it would automatically restart it. That would take care of the problem for everyone I'd say. Such a service would have a very low overhead.

Paul
06-28-2010, 02:48 PM
It's an interesting idea, one worth exploring for sure. Thank you for the suggestion - I'll add it to the development list for further investigation.

badbob001
09-19-2010, 02:42 PM
If the actual windows service stops, you can configure windows to automatically restart it. If it's a functional breakdown, then you need a watchdog.