PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo updating library and no end

bewol54
12-29-2012, 05:43 AM
Hi
I'm using Mezzmo since three or four months. Absolut good thing! Everything went right so long. Streaming on several "streamers" fine and ok.
Since a few days, when i rebuilt the library, the different types (videos, pictures etc.) were refreshed - the counter in the status-window go down to zero, but one counter stays untouched (System task: processing active playlists, 9235 files remaining).
My harddisk rumbles like a bob, no idea what mezzmo does.
Do you have an idea?
Thanks in advance from a streaming-novice
Wolfgang

Paul
12-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Hi Wolfgang,

Try this: Stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Using Windows Explorer, go to the following folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Conceiva\Mezzmo and rename the "MezzmoActivePlaylists.db" file to "MezzmoActivePlaylists.bak". Now, start Mezzmo and everything should be fine.

bewol54
12-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Hi Paul
thanks for your help - that was it!
No rumbling of disk anymore, streaming running fine.

Best wishes to you for the coming new year from Austria
Wolfgang

Paul
12-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Glad you are up and running, Wolfgang. Happy New Year to you also!

bewol54
07-04-2014, 05:12 AM
Hi
Today, after updating to V 4.0.5.0, I have the same problem again. Rebuiding of database starts and stuck after short time. The counter of "Active Lists" and "Covers will be generated" dosn't go down.
I looked for the file but now, I cannot find the file "MezzmoActivePlaylists.db" to rename. Has anything changed since my last post with V3.x?
What can I do?
Thanks for any help
Wolfgang

Paul
07-04-2014, 07:49 AM
Hi Wolfgang,

We have changed the way active playlists are handled in Mezzmo v4.x. The "Processing active playlists" task in the Status pane will go down - but you just have to be patient and wait. Actually, you can ignore it since it will not affect your streaming to your devices. It is a background task that keeps your active playlist in-sync with your collection of media files in your Mezzmo library.

bewol54
07-06-2014, 08:32 AM
You are right! Streaming runs well.
Nice weekend
Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

We have changed the way active playlists are handled in Mezzmo v4.x. The "Processing active playlists" task in the Status pane will go down - but you just have to be patient and wait. Actually, you can ignore it since it will not affect your streaming to your devices. It is a background task that keeps your active playlist in-sync with your collection of media files in your Mezzmo library.

Paul
07-07-2014, 10:27 AM
Glad you are up and running, Wolfgang :)