PDA

View Full Version : Any way to speed up the ffmpeg transcode?

toppano
12-29-2012, 03:52 PM
I have been using the mezzmo product for quite some time but ever since the last couple upgrades any media device that requires the ffmpeg to transcode a file won't work properly. I have tracked this down to the ffmpeg process itself. What once use to show 500+fps while transcoding hardly hits the 35fps mark. This is an issue with all of my mp4v files both original and newly added to my library.

I am using a couple Sony BDP and have confirmed I am using the same/correct device that I have always been using and have even tried using other sony bpd profiles. Nothing seems to help at all!

I have seen several posts similar to mine but I haven't seen or heard of any resolution can someone help me out so I can get things working again? Thanks!

-Tony

toppano
12-30-2012, 07:12 AM
I have been using the mezzmo product for quite some time but ever since the last couple upgrades any media device that requires the ffmpeg to transcode a file won't work properly. I have tracked this down to the ffmpeg process itself. What once use to show 500+fps while transcoding hardly hits the 35fps mark. This is an issue with all of my mp4v files both original and newly added to my library.

I am using a couple Sony BDP and have confirmed I am using the same/correct device that I have always been using and have even tried using other sony bpd profiles. Nothing seems to help at all!

I have seen several posts similar to mine but I haven't seen or heard of any resolution can someone help me out so I can get things working again? Thanks!

-Tony

Also just started up a new VM instance of win srv8 and installed the older version 2.5 on that box and everything connects and operates as expects so something has changed with the newer releases and or profile information. Can someone within support just tell me if there is a parameter that I can edit to fix this issue? I am sure I am not the only one who has had this issue.

Paul
12-30-2012, 11:48 AM
The speed difference is due to Mezzmo doing a full transcode (slower) as compared to a remux (copy) of some/all of your video/audio channels (faster). The reason for doing this differently between Mezzmo versions will be changes made to device profiles. Let us know what device profile you are using for your devices. Go to the Media Devices dialog to see this. And, let us know the FFmpeg information of the m4v file that you are streaming. Right-click on the video in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.