PDA

View Full Version : Restore root "Video" folder

keick
12-30-2012, 08:47 AM
A few months ago I got tired of the default 'Video' playlist showing all the folders that I kept things in, and instead wanted one that displayed all videos period, with zero folders.

So being 'smart' i renamed the built in one something else 'bob', and created a smart one named 'Video'. Now when I browse with ANY device, when I select video's (like with my samsung) mezzmo shows all three folders (music, video, photos). However when I select 'Music' from my Samsung it jumps to the mezzmo Music without showing Videos and Photo folders.

So how can I repair my 'Video' playlist so that my Smart-Tv act all smart again?

jbinkley60
12-30-2012, 08:53 AM
A few months ago I got tired of the default 'Video' playlist showing all the folders that I kept things in, and instead wanted one that displayed all videos period, with zero folders.

So being 'smart' i renamed the built in one something else 'bob', and created a smart one named 'Video'. Now when I browse with ANY device, when I select video's (like with my samsung) mezzmo shows all three folders (music, video, photos). However when I select 'Music' from my Samsung it jumps to the mezzmo Music without showing Videos and Photo folders.

So how can I repair my 'Video' playlist so that my Smart-Tv act all smart again?

You should be able to go th the library icom, right click and select Create Playlist and just pick Playlist. Then name it Video. Then start building your folders and smart playlists under it or move existing ones you have under it. Most DLNA devices look for the basic Video, Music and Photos entries.

Paul
12-30-2012, 11:42 AM
The pre-installed playlists (Video, Music & Photos) are specially created so that your devices can navigate directly to the playlists and files under them depending on the mode you are in on your DLNA device. If you want these restored, then it's best to create a new Mezzmo database. To do this, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo application. Using Windows Explorer, go to the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Conceiva folder and rename the "Mezzmo" folder to (say) "Mezzmo.bak". Now start Mezzmo and you will have an empty Mezzmo library with the default playlists displayed.

keick
12-31-2012, 04:24 AM
I was afraid of that... I'm going to lose all my Meta data again aren't I?

Is it possible to tag a smart-playlist as a one of the special folders in the database? If so how? I'm pretty good with a SQLLite and I'd rather try to repair it then lose hours of meta-data work.

Speaking of which; Please please please work on adding export-import, i'm especially getting tired of fixing the meta data every time I mess up something silly :confused:

Also please add an auto meta-data finder, or something. Clicking through 2 dialogs and 6 buttons just to look for meta-data is probably the hardest part of using Mezzmo.:( How about a menu option, or even a main ui button, to go directly to meta-data search? :cool:

jbinkley60
12-31-2012, 04:32 AM
I was afraid of that... I'm going to lose all my Meta data again aren't I?

Is it possible to tag a smart-playlist as a one of the special folders in the database? If so how? I'm pretty good with a SQLLite and I'd rather try to repair it then lose hours of meta-data work.

Speaking of which; Please please please work on adding export-import, i'm especially getting tired of fixing the meta data every time I mess up something silly :confused:

Also please add an auto meta-data finder, or something. Clicking through 2 dialogs and 6 buttons just to look for meta-data is probably the hardest part of using Mezzmo.:( How about a menu option, or even a main ui button, to go directly to meta-data search? :cool:

I backup my database folder every 2 days or whenever I get ready to make major changes. Restoring it is as simple as copying it back to the original folder.

Paul
12-31-2012, 10:18 AM
Hi Keick,

Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll assist you to get your Mezzmo database back in order.

Thanks for suggestion on import + export. We'll consider it for a future version.

Mezzmo v3.0 has automatic metadata retrieval from web sites for your movies and TV series when you add your files or when you maintain your library. It will be released in mid-January and is a free upgrade for registered users.