PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Time Capsule

bskitmor
01-03-2013, 03:06 PM
I have a high end Sony VAIO LT, MacBook Pro, Apple Time Casule (LAN Extended from Cisco Rter), Samsung SMART TV & Connected Blue Ray Player (wired) a NAS (NetGear) server and a Seagate USB drive all connected through a Cisco EA 3500 router. Conceiva Mezzmo has performed very well so far for serving up digital photos and music to the Samsung devices using Sony, Netgear and Seagate storage. I recently moved my photo library to the 2TB Apple Time Capsule and published slide shows from Adobe Lightroom library to that same Apple drive -- Mezzmo didn't seem happy with this configuration at all, slowed to a crawl and finally hung completely when the Samsung device returned an "unsupported file format" message (all files are very large Jpegs). When I moved the slide show target to the Sony Laptop or Netgear NAS Mezzmo was happy again.

Thought you might like to know in case you get other Tim Capsule casualties.

Paul
01-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the feedback on the Time Capsule.

There should be no reason for Mezzmo to fail getting media files from any type of storage device (Time Capsule, Seagate USB drive, Netgear NAS, etc.) except if the home network is having issues or there are access permission issues. If you like, we can take a look at why your Time Capsule was not performing well with Mezzmo. We'd need to see a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo from your Samsung device and try to display some photos from your Time Capsule. When it fails, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

bskitmor
01-04-2013, 11:19 AM
375Do you have an FTP site? I have the logs but email provider blocks zip, rar etc....

bskitmor
01-04-2013, 12:12 PM
376Think I managed to insert the logs file "inline"! -- it's named Logs.rar

Peter
01-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Hi,
I cannot see the logs in your post, can you please try adding them again?

JohnM
01-05-2013, 01:52 AM
bskitmor,
If you do not have any luck you can get a free account at http://www.filegenie.com/home.cgx it will hold up to 20mb. If that does not work for you pm me. We can get something to work out.
John

bskitmor
01-05-2013, 06:20 AM
I think I embedded logs.rar in one of my earlier messages,\...

bskitmor
01-05-2013, 06:34 AM
377Looking at logs.rar inline in two of my earlier messages and now this one...