PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo quit working

hamaholic
01-14-2013, 01:44 AM
I had some difficulty getting Mezzmo to serve up my network shares. I finally got it working by changing the service to boot up with the user login and password. It seemed to be working just fine but I wanted to try adding my music and photo folders (I had only been using video). It hung up while adding all the files, showing many system tasks partially completed and apparently hung. It was that way for an hour, with the CPUs @ 100% and network at around a constant 20Mbits/sec. But NOTHING was changing on the % complete for any of the tasks. I rebooted a couple of times, could not lose the tasks. I decided to give up on the music and photo folders and start fresh. I uninstalled Mezzmo, and then re-installed it, added back my video folders. It seemed fine, but it no longer showed up on any of my DLNA devices (TVs, BR players, Windows Media Player, etc.). It is gone. The service is running, the application is running, but no server shows up. I haven't changed ANYTHING else in my network, so the problem must reside on Mezzmo or the PC with Mezzmo. Oh, I even disconnected power on the PC for 10 minutes to make sure it was not the PC hardware.

WHAT HAPPENED TO MEZZMO?? Re-installing does not fix it. Are there some tricks to getting it back, or do I need to send in some log files? I am running out of time to play with this and would like to settle on Mezzmo, if I can get it stable and working.

Thanks,
Dean

hamaholic
01-14-2013, 02:44 AM
Zipped up the logs and mailed them to the support (at) con.... (dot) com.

Paul
01-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the logs, Dean. We'll analyze them now and email you with a fix.