PDA

View Full Version : Media types shown under DLNA device categories

reddkap
01-14-2013, 03:50 AM
I just installed Mezzmo yesterday and I'm impressed.

My question is what settings I should change so that I can directly open the Video folder when I select 'Video' on my device (Sony BDP) and the Music folder under the 'Music' selection, etc. To clarify; yesterday, when I selected Music on my device, it would immediately display the playlists 'Album Artist, All Music Files, Artists, File Type, ......', which I loved, same thing with the Photos and Video. Today, I select a category and it brings up each of the media file folders. Let's say I select 'Video', now I see the folders for Music, Photos and Video, instead of going directly to the Video folder and displaying the subfolders and playlists contained therein.

This is just a minor thing and only requires a couple more seconds to navigate, but I really liked it when my media selections went immediately to their respective content.

Thanks, in advance, for an suggestions.

Paul
01-14-2013, 10:30 AM
Check your device profile in the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo. Make sure it is using the "Sony BDP, HT, SMP" device profile. Restart your Mezzmo server and then try again. Let us know if still no success.

reddkap
01-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Thank you for your reply and sorry for this slow reply from me. Your suggestion works to remedy my original issue, but it breaks playback/transcoding on several file types. My device is a Sony BDP-S590 (US), is there any specific profile that has been found to be most compatible with this player?

Peter
01-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Hi,
please send an email to support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we will supply you with a new profile.