PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo remote use?

Briian
01-16-2013, 05:14 AM
Hi ,

I probably have a simple question. I'd like to stream a video from my pc to my ipod touch or an android device. Is it possible to start and stop a videofile on my pc and have it automatically start on my ipod with BuzzPlayer app/ Media Link Player Lite app/media:connect app/Olimsoft AirPlayer app or PlugPlayer app or a supported android player app??? Is it possible to have or create something like a channel wher you can log in with an ipod or similar device?

Thanks in advance,

Briian

Paul
01-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Hi Briian,

Mezzmo is a DLNA media server and streams media files to DLNA renderers/clients (like you BuzzPlayer app, your TV, your Blu-ray player, etc.). If you install a DLNA digital media controller (DMC) app on your Android or iOS device, then it acts as a remote control so you can connect to Mezzmo, browse your Mezzmo library and then select a media player app that you want it played on. On Android, a popular DMC app is BubbleUPnP. On iOS, a popular DMC app is mediaconnect.

Briian
01-19-2013, 02:47 AM
Hi Paul,

yes thanks. But is it possible to start a film/clip from my pc and have it automatically start on my portable devie like a cell phone or ipod which has a DMC app installed? Like a live-stream which I can control from my pc.....and any device in my network is like a "slave-device"......you can watch what the pc "master-device" decides???

Thx,

Briian

Paul
01-21-2013, 09:31 AM
Hi Briian,

If you want to control it all from your PC, then you would need to have a DMC app installed on your PC. This will let you choose the media from Mezzmo that you wish to push to your devices in your home. On your devices, you will have media player apps installed that are capable of streaming content from media servers like Mezzmo. For Android devices, you might choose the BubbleUPnP app with the MX Video Player app, and for iOS devices you might choose the 8player app.

Paul
11-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Update: Mezzmo v4.1.0.0 has been released and it now has Play To features to let you push your files to devices in your home for immediate playback. See this FAQ for more details - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/7631-Tutorial-Using-Play-To-features-in-Mezzmo