PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic TX-L37D25E

Stephan
07-01-2010, 05:29 PM
I have a panasonic TX-L37D25E on which I can see pictures and listen to music with mezzmo, but when I try to watch some video it says " cannot read the file". This happens with any video-format.

What can be the problem?

Paul
07-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Can you please generate a diagnostic log of trying to play one of the video files (see this thread for information: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php?t=419) and send it to support (at) conceiva (dot) com for investigation?

Stephan
07-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks, I sent the logfiles right now.

CriminalMinded
07-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Hey there, I have a Panasonic TH-P50V20A and I am receiving the same problem. Here is a copy of the email I sent to support:

Hi there, I am having problems with my Panasonic TH-P50V20A... any video file I try to open gives the error "cannot read file" after about 30 seconds of a 'please wait' screen... I have captured this in the log. Also, I was trying to play some FLAC files, but they were apparently unrecognized altogether. This is not in the log, though I can send another if you need it. The videos worked fine on my PS3, though I forgot to try the FLAC.

Thanks for any help you can give,
Andrew

if I get a response I'll be sure to post it here for anyone else receiving similar problems!

Paul
07-13-2010, 01:18 PM
if I get a response I'll be sure to post it here for anyone else receiving similar problems!
Hi,

Did you get a confirmation e-mail that your message was received? I'm not seeing it in support for some reason... When did you send it?

CriminalMinded
07-13-2010, 03:08 PM
to support@conceiva.com
date Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 1:39 PM
subject Panasonic Trouble
mailed-by gmail.com

That is the address it was sent to + details, attached was a small .zip file with the logs... did I get something wrong? I didn't receive a confirmation email :(

Paul
07-13-2010, 03:13 PM
I've just got your second e-mail in support, but the first one vanished for some reason. In any case, now we have it, so I'll get back to you via e-mail :)

CriminalMinded
07-13-2010, 03:31 PM
I've just got your second e-mail in support, but the first one vanished for some reason. In any case, now we have it, so I'll get back to you via e-mail :)

Great, thanks!

123meins
07-14-2010, 04:03 AM
Hi there,

i have exact the same problems, instead with video files. I hope there is any answer in the near future...

Installed it on a windows home server.

Already sent a message on last friday and today and hope it's delivered, because I get no confirmation mail..

Maybe it would be more effective to post some solutions in the forum (or a real installation guide with details on which you have to pay attention to) and not only mail them to your customers?

And last but not least, sorry for my bad english ;-).

Appreciate your help. Bye

Paul
07-14-2010, 08:52 AM
We're currently working on fixing a network streaming issue that some customers are experiencing and thus all patches or modifications I send out via support are "unofficial", so I can't post them here publically, as they are not really officially supported and are there to try and test things on a one-to-one basis.

CriminalMinded
07-14-2010, 10:17 AM
We're currently working on fixing a network streaming issue that some customers are experiencing and thus all patches or modifications I send out via support are "unofficial", so I can't post them here publically, as they are not really officially supported and are there to try and test things on a one-to-one basis.

Hey, sorry if this is a bit off topic, but even though you received the second email (which was sent to & from the same addresses as the first) I still didn't receive the confirmation email... I don't know if you've sent one of the 'unofficial' patches or anything, but I'm just wondering if it's a bad omen I didn't get the confirmation. I have double checked through the spam folder & nothing is there.

Paul
07-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Hey, sorry if this is a bit off topic, but even though you received the second email (which was sent to & from the same addresses as the first) I still didn't receive the confirmation email... I don't know if you've sent one of the 'unofficial' patches or anything, but I'm just wondering if it's a bad omen I didn't get the confirmation. I have double checked through the spam folder & nothing is there.
Strange - I'll ask someone here to check what's happening with that. I haven't yet sent out the next patch, as we're still testing it. Hopefully not too much longer now ;)

123meins
07-15-2010, 03:35 PM
I also didn't receive a confirmation email after mailing to the support the second time. Should I normally receive one mail?

I really would like to get a patch, even if it's a beta. Thanks a lot.

Paul
07-15-2010, 04:46 PM
The confirmation e-mail is only sent when you fill out the support form. If you e-mail directly (or reply to a support response), then you won't get any confirmation e-mails.

joro_abv
07-18-2010, 12:51 AM
I'm also an owner of a TX-P42V20E and I suppose most of the top range 2010 Panasonics share the same features. So I can confirm the same problem with the my TV and Mezzmo 2.1.7 trial. I'm in a process of selecting a DLNA server and I must say Mezzmo looks like a pretty good choice. The issue in question is a full show stopper for me, though. So, my question is : how long it will take to fix the issue ? I mean - is it that we wait for a complete version/dev cycle of Mezzmo or we can count on a quickfix released for our problem ?

Paul
07-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Can you please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and I'll send you a patched version and an updated device profile for the Panasonic to try. We should be releasing an official update soon as well, as soon as we can confirm that the issue has been fixed.

netwiz
07-20-2010, 12:11 AM
I am getting the same problem with video on my TX-P46G15B and Mezzmo 2.1.7.

I can browse the files and see thunbnails of the pictures then view them, ( the panasonic doesn't do Music! ), but with video, there are no thumbnails, and once a file is selected, we get Please Wait then after about 10 seconds Cannot Read File.

Also whilst scrolling down the list of videos the Panasonic displays Reading..... after about the 20th file for some time then 'Connection to Server Failed'

This does not occur when using other media servers (WMP and Twonky).

Paul
07-20-2010, 08:33 AM
I am getting the same problem with video on my TX-P46G15B and Mezzmo 2.1.7.

I can browse the files and see thunbnails of the pictures then view them, ( the panasonic doesn't do Music! ), but with video, there are no thumbnails, and once a file is selected, we get Please Wait then after about 10 seconds Cannot Read File.

Also whilst scrolling down the list of videos the Panasonic displays Reading..... after about the 20th file for some time then 'Connection to Server Failed'

This does not occur when using other media servers (WMP and Twonky).
Can you please send a message to support as well to try a patched version of the server?

123meins
07-21-2010, 06:26 PM
thx for the patch.

the problem seems to be resolved.

---

but another issue still exists - maybe I am the only one.

I still have to restart the mezzmo services, so that my TV can access the mezzmo media server (MMS). I'm able to see MMS for a very short moment in my TVs media library, but then it disappears.

Isn't such an important issue for me, but it would be nice to solve this problem too ;-).

bye

Paul
07-22-2010, 08:27 AM
Can you please turn on diagnostic logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php?t=419), then after the server disappeares from the TV, stop the server and zip up and send the logs to support for further investigation?

CriminalMinded
07-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Sorry for the late reply, but the patch that was sent seems to work, I am downloadi 2.1.8.0 now which may help with some possible transcoding/streaming problems I'm having... thanks a lot for the great support!

Paul
07-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Thanks for letting me know. If there are any further issues, please don't hesitate to send support a message.

joro_abv
07-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Hi,
I tried the new version 2.1.8 and the playback is more fluid now. But I'm experiencing drops. Like the movie starts, plays a few seconds and then just goes to the playlist. Could it be related to the network connection (wifi) or it is still some Mezzmo problem ?

CriminalMinded
07-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Hi,
I tried the new version 2.1.8 and the playback is more fluid now. But I'm experiencing drops. Like the movie starts, plays a few seconds and then just goes to the playlist. Could it be related to the network connection (wifi) or it is still some Mezzmo problem ?

I too am getting this, but am trying to figure out if it is my connection/CPU or not. I am running through a 1GB ethernet cable, but I think the Panasonic itself can only register up to 100mbps.

Paul
07-28-2010, 08:34 AM
Are these movies native or transcoded? Can you please post FFmpeg information on one of them, if you're not sure and I'll see whether they'll be transcoded or not.

Also, in the Media Devices dialog, please make sure that Panasonic Viera is selected for the TV and not the BDP device profile - that may also make a difference.

joro_abv
07-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Transcoded, definitely selected the right profile.

Paul
07-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Can you please turn on diagnostic logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging), then play a movie till it drops and when that happens, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com for investigation? Thanks.

Quinny
08-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for all the responses in this thread. I have a Panasonic TH-P50V20Z which is the NZ version of the 50 inch Viera. I have been looking around for a quality media server and have tried them all. So far I am really liking Mezzmo (and the price looks good too considering I have to think about exchange rates). It is very fast and it all (something that has annoyed me with most server software) sorts true alphabetical with AaBa in nice order.

Sadly however my trial version of 2.1.8 still has the issues listed in this thread. I have checked and yes the tv does identify as Viera BDP and I have changed this. I have made a log file and will post to yourselves. I have the issues noted namely -

- says please wait then 30 seconds later wont play file (file plays ok from Win7/WMP12 server to tv)
- starts then stops and exits to menu
- starts then goes pixelated then stops

The log does not really seem to show anything but I will send.

Paul
08-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Hi,

Can you please post the FFmpeg information on the file that doesn't play through Mezzmo, but plays through WMP12 (in Mezzmo right-click on the file and use the "Get FFmpeg Information" command)? It's either native and we should add it to the device profile for the TV or it's being transcoded by WMP12 to MPEG2 (which is the same Mezzmo would be doing). If you wish, please send that to support as well (or post here). Thanks!