PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo server doesn't start automatically

Carlos
01-23-2013, 08:39 AM
I use windows 7 64bits, and sometimes at windows start, the server doesn't start and I have to open Mezzmo and click the start server button.

Peter
01-23-2013, 08:58 AM
Hi Carlos,
we have a patch for this issue, please send an email to support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we will send you the patch.

Carlos
01-23-2013, 09:18 AM
I'll try it. Thanks for the amazingly fast reply.

rbcrewser
01-26-2013, 01:35 AM
Any chance you could just post the patch somewhere? Same issue here with W7-64.

Peter
01-26-2013, 11:03 AM
Hi,
I have sent you a private message with details of how to download the patch.

rbcrewser
01-26-2013, 03:36 PM
Thank you.

Of course after posting that I realized the new 3.0 version is on the horizon so I probably should have just waited for that release but I'll give it a run tomorrow.

Carlos
05-29-2013, 10:28 PM
It's very frustrating but I'm still having the same problem. Most of the time the server does not start automatically.

ftanner
05-30-2013, 11:11 AM
It's very frustrating but I'm still having the same problem. Most of the time the server does not start automatically.

Try setting the service to start with a delay. I've noticed that some services that depend on the network don't always start if they're set to automatic instead of automatic with delay. Especially if the system that they are on gets its IP address via DHCP.

Paul
05-30-2013, 11:15 AM

What version of Mezzmo are you running? We did fix several Mezzmo server startup problems and all these fixes are in the latest version, Mezzmo v3.2.0.0.

If Mezzmo v3.2.0.0 is no better for you, then turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and reboot your computer. When Mezzmo server does not start, run Mezzmo and start Mezzmo server. When it finally starts up, stop it again and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Carlos
05-31-2013, 04:48 AM
What version of Mezzmo are you running? We did fix several Mezzmo server startup problems and all these fixes are in the latest version, Mezzmo v3.2.0.0.

If Mezzmo v3.2.0.0 is no better for you, then turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and reboot your computer. When Mezzmo server does not start, run Mezzmo and start Mezzmo server. When it finally starts up, stop it again and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Yes, I have the latest version.

For now, I tried the "trick" of changing the media server name, and has worked the last 3 or 4 reboots, if it fails again I'll try to save the log.

Thanks.

Paul
05-31-2013, 07:46 AM
OK - please do let us know if it fails again. We'd like to fix the problem.

Carlos
07-03-2013, 10:06 PM
OK - please do let us know if it fails again. We'd like to fix the problem.

Finally it worked (It didn't with previous versions, but this time it's running ok for weeks)

* If Mezzmo server does not start up after rebooting your PC, then try this: Run Windows Services Manager (in your Windows Run/Search prompt type "services.msc") and then go to Properties for the Mezzmo server and set it to start "Automatic (Delayed Start)". Reboot your PC and try again.

Thanks Paul!

Paul
07-04-2013, 07:54 AM
Glad to hear you are up and running now, Carlos. Thanks for posting back.

Carlos
09-07-2013, 08:24 AM
After last update, same problem again...:(

Paul
09-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Do you still have the "Automatic (Delayed Start)" setting in Windows Services?

Carlos
09-11-2013, 04:00 AM
Do you still have the "Automatic (Delayed Start)" setting in Windows Services?

Yes, I have. Anyway, the last 4 or 5 reboots, seems to work again. Thanks.

Paul
09-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Glad to hear it is running well now. If the problem happens again, let us know and we'll help further.