PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo MediaServer just up and disappeared.

Lifferds
01-31-2013, 01:43 PM
We were watching a video wirelessly on WDTVLive when it popped up and said it could not connect to the network. I shut WDTV down and restarted it. No Media Servers found. Configured the network connection anew and it finds the network OK, but no MediaServer. Rebooted Windows 7 PC. Still nothing. Wireless is good as laptop connects fine. DLNA Samsung TV can not find Mezzmo, either. Server is shown as started and shows up in Task Manager Processes, but not Services. Mezzmo 2.7.1.0.

Thoughts and ideas, anyone? Please.

Paul
01-31-2013, 01:56 PM
Try rebooting your router. It may have gotten into a broken state with regards UPnP or streaming.

Lifferds
01-31-2013, 02:02 PM
Thanks. Everything looks like it is back to normal now.

Lifferds
02-01-2013, 02:16 AM
Rats. I did not say that I had uninstalled Mezzmo, saved settings and reinstalled. Now Mezzmo displays all the files in my setup and play lists, but the media server on WDTV Live and Samsung show no content. They also show the MediaServer name as Mezzmo rather than the name I gave it, which shows in Mezzmo. I ran Maintain to no avail.

Paul
02-01-2013, 10:03 AM
It sounds like you may have two Mezzmo servers running. Mezzmo is designed to run per-user on your computer (i.e. you can have a Mezzmo library & Mezzmo server running for each Windows user account on your computer). By chance, did you log into your computer using another Windows user account to set up your Mezzmo library?

If you cannot work it out, then I'd suggest you uninstall Mezzmo again. After uninstalling, check that there are no Mezzmo servers listed on your devices, and then install Mezzmo again. Let us know if you need help.

Lifferds
02-01-2013, 10:25 AM
That did the trick.

Thanks

Paul
02-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Glad you are up and running again.