PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo 3.0 not recognised by different Android Based Systems

Bengt79
02-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Hi together,

used 2.7.1 with a Galaxy Tab 10.1, my Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy S3 mini of my wife.
Since updating to 3.0 all these devices do not recognise the server.

My Samsung television as well as my Samsung HTS and the LG television of my son are working fine.

The Server is running, mezzmo recognises that the android based devices are part of my network as they are in the list of my
devices.

But no upnp or dlna software for the androids see Mezzmo as a running server.
Worked fine with 2.7.1

Any ideas ?

Regards
Bjoern

Paul
02-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Try turning off/on your Android devices. Your devices may be caching identifying information about Mezzmo server and this may have changed since the v3.0 upgrade.

What apps are you using on your Android devices to connect and stream to Mezzmo? We recommend using the BubbleUPnP app for DLNA connectivity and the MX Video Player for playing video streamed from Mezzmo server. If you use them, then make sure you use the "BubbleUPnP To MXPlayer" device profile in the Media Devices dialog for your Android devices. This will give you best streaming results.

Bengt79
02-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Hi Paul,

Doesnt change a thing.... rebooted the Android Devices, even made a factory reset to one of them... still they are recognised by mezzmo, profile is set to bubble upnp for mxplayer, exactly the combo i have installed on my android....
but bubble upnp wont show mezzmo.
I even changed the name of the dlna server, the port ....
No change....
any other ideas ?

Regards
Bjoern

JohnM
02-08-2013, 04:58 AM
I just tried my Galaxy S3. It worked using Bubble with both MX Player and Mobo Player. With Bubble I clicked Devices tab and made sure Mezzmo was selected as the library device.

Paul
02-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the confirmation, JohnM.

Bengt79: It may be possible that your router is the cause of the problem. You mention you other devices are working. Are they wired? If yes, then possibly the wireless part of your router may be causing the problem. Try turning off/on your router and check the router settings listed in this FAQ - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device

JohnM
02-08-2013, 03:37 PM
I forgot to tell you to make sure that your wifi is enabled. (I know but it is so easy to shut off).

Bengt79
02-16-2013, 01:20 AM
Ok, just a quick feedback. On the same machine i am running an experimental win8 metro installation.... fresh install of mezzmo 3.0.1 works fine....
router and hardware settings / connection are obviously the same....
suddenly my android based devices see mezzmo server.
rebooting in win 7, back to the old state, tvs recognise mezzmo, my androids not....
guess it has something to do with me upgrading mezzmo and upgrading into a different folder as i changed the system for my prog files folder.
hopefully a full reinstall after totally cleaning my win 7 system of mezzmo will help.

any other ideas before i am going down the hard way ?

regards
Björn

Paul
02-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Hi Björn,

I think your idea of a full reinstall may be the safest way to go.