PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles stopped working after upgrade to 3.0.0.0

john.r.fuller
02-06-2013, 01:37 AM
I use *.srt files in the same folder and named identically as video files so they are streamed by default. I ran the Maintain Library after the upgrade and had replace all checked. The problem is Mezzmo no longer by default picks up the subtitles. I tried setting the default sub folder location and that didn't help. I would have to manually browse to each one under properties which is tons of extra work. But that doesn't actually work either because it doesn't keep the subs after I add them.

Is there any way to have Mezzmo pick them up by default again or was the previous behavior removed? Is there any hope of getting the old behavior back again?

Device is Samsung D Profile

Paul
02-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi John,

Right-click on a video in Mezzmo and click Properties. Go to the Subtitles tab and you should see all subtitles that were found by Mezzmo for that video. If there are subtitles, then we know that Mezzmo has picked up all your subtitles so that is working fine. Next, go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and edit your Samsung D-series TV. In the Device Settings dialog, go to the Subtitles tab and make sure your language is set correctly (e.g. English) and that the 'Stream external subtitles' checkbox is checked. Try streaming again. If your subtitles don't display on your TV, then please email us one of your SRT subtitle files to support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll try it here with our Samsung D-series TV.

john.r.fuller
02-06-2013, 02:15 PM
"Go to the Subtitles tab and you should see all subtitles that were found by Mezzmo for that video." this is where it is broken and browsing and manually selecting the file yields same result, an empty list

Paul
02-06-2013, 02:37 PM
On the Properties dialog, go to the Subtitles tab and click Reload Subtitles for a video that you know has matching external subtitles in the same folder on disk. Do any subtitles get listed?

john.r.fuller
02-06-2013, 11:43 PM
no subs are listed after I reload subtitles

Paul
02-07-2013, 06:55 AM
OK - understand. Please email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide a small patch to get your Mezzmo database working properly.

luffy
02-11-2013, 05:22 AM
Hi,

I emailed in with exactly the same problem requesting a patch for my Samsung D TV. I haven't received a response. If there is no patch available then could you please point me in the direction of the previous version of Mezzmo as my subtitles worked fine.

Kind regards

Paul
02-11-2013, 12:10 PM
One possible reason is that the upgrade did not complete correctly. Try this: Stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo (if running). Download the latest Mezzmo installer from http://www.conceiva.com/downloads and then run it. Choose to do a Repair when prompted. After that completes, run Mezzmo and start your Mezzmo server. If still a problem, let us know and we'll help further.

fits79
02-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Me to the same issue.

I have updated to 3.0.1.0 and the program still HAS A LOT OF ISSUES....

even i have external srt subtitiles to every movie NONE OF THEM show it to my samsung ue40es6100 .

So every new version and WORSE....

SO THE PROGRAM STILL HAS MAJOR ISSUES FROM THE 2.X VERSION I HAVE LEFT IT...

Paul
02-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Hi fits79,

Glad you see you are still using Mezzmo :)

Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide a Samsung E device profile that will get you up and running.

pablo_narvaez
02-12-2013, 03:46 PM
I use *.srt files in the same folder and named identically as video files so they are streamed by default. I ran the Maintain Library after the upgrade and had replace all checked. The problem is Mezzmo no longer by default picks up the subtitles. I tried setting the default sub folder location and that didn't help. I would have to manually browse to each one under properties which is tons of extra work. But that doesn't actually work either because it doesn't keep the subs after I add them.

Is there any way to have Mezzmo pick them up by default again or was the previous behavior removed? Is there any hope of getting the old behavior back again?

Device is Samsung D Profile

Idem, the subtitle files not worck propely in 3.0 and 3.1 ver. PLASEEE DOWNGRADE the software or somthime, need load .srt :(:(:(

fits79
02-13-2013, 06:57 AM
So any serious solution?

And no the downgrade it is NOT A SERIOUS SOLUTION....

Paul
02-13-2013, 08:56 AM
Hi fits79,

One other user who had a similar problem with .SRT files sent us logs and that showed his Mezzmo program fileset was corrupted. So we asked him to: (i) uninstall Mezzmo, (ii) download the latest Mezzmo installer, and (iii) re-install Mezzmo. This fixed his problem. Please try the same steps and let us know how you go. Many thanks.

copyman
02-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Hello

I tried this, but it does not solve the problem. I have the data folders not let remove by mezzmo when I uninstall it.
Is this required, or not? Will I send my logfile to?

thanks in advance.

Copyman

Paul
02-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Hi Copyman,

Since it did not solve your problem, then uninstall again and, this time, remove your Mezzmo library when uninstalling. Get the latest Mezzmo installer from http://www.conceiva.com/downloads and install Mezzmo v3.0.1 after uninstalling.

After installing, add some video files that have subtitles (external or embedded). Right-click on the video in Mezzmo and click Properties. Go to the Subtitles tab and check if subtitles are listed there.

If you still are having problems, then email us support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll explain the what information we need from you to help fix the problem.

fits79
02-13-2013, 05:41 PM
Paul why you searching so much and try to make us believe that we don't do something well(install, add folders e.t.c.) and you don't simply believe that the 3.x.x version of YOUR PROGRAM HAS PROBLEMS(THAT'S NOT NEW) SO SIMPLE....

Paul
02-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Hi fits79,

Apart from a few users like yourself, the vast majority of all Mezzmo users are now up and running with Mezzmo v3.0.1. So, I'll try to help you get up and running too.

Do you see subtitles listed in the Properties dialog (Subtitles page) for your video files? Right-click on a video in Mezzmo and click Properties to see this. If you do not, then turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and exit Mezzmo application using File/Exit. Start Mezzmo again and then add some video files that have subtitles to your Mezzmo library. Go to the Properties dialog (Subtitles page) to see the subtitles. If none are listed, click 'Reload Subtitles'. Next, exit the Mezzmo application using File/Exit. Zip up all your log files and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. We'll investigate what may be going wrong for you.

mezzmo@mvg.za.net
02-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Paul why you searching so much and try to make us believe that we don't do something well(install, add folders e.t.c.) and you don't simply believe that the 3.x.x version of YOUR PROGRAM HAS PROBLEMS(THAT'S NOT NEW) SO SIMPLE....

De Ja Vu anyone...

Other than a small hiccup with the install I am happy.

fits79
02-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Hi fits79,

Apart from a few users like yourself, the vast majority of all Mezzmo users are now up and running with Mezzmo v3.0.1. So, I'll try to help you get up and running too.

Do you see subtitles listed in the Properties dialog (Subtitles page) for your video files? Right-click on a video in Mezzmo and click Properties to see this. If you do not, then turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and exit Mezzmo application using File/Exit. Start Mezzmo again and then add some video files that have subtitles to your Mezzmo library. Go to the Properties dialog (Subtitles page) to see the subtitles. If none are listed, click 'Reload Subtitles'. Next, exit the Mezzmo application using File/Exit. Zip up all your log files and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. We'll investigate what may be going wrong for you.
Ok i try all that but tell me if any mkv file has one interneal and one external subtitle how i make the mezzmo see BOTH of them or only the external subtitles?

And where is stored the database files so i delete them all to recreate it the mezzmo.
Maybe it sove the subtitles problem that.

And as i see SOMETIMES it show the internal subtitles on mkv files but NOT THE EXTERNAL SRT SUBTITLES so can you fix that MEGA PROBLEM AT 3.0.1.0 RELEASE.

Paul
02-13-2013, 06:57 PM
To start with new Mezzmo database, do this:

Stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo.
Using Windows Explorer, go to the following folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Conceiva\Mezzmo (for Win8/Win7/Vista) or C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Conceiva\Mezzmo (for Win XP)
Delete the *.db files and TranscodingFiles folder.
Start Mezzmo and you should have a clean database.

All subtitles (external or embedded) that are found by Mezzmo for a (say) MKV file are listed in the Properties dialog (Subtitles tab). It lists both external and embedded subtitles. You can uncheck any to disable using them.

The Device Settings dialog (Subtitles tab) lets you control the types of subtitles that you wish to stream to your device - i.e. you can stream external, embedded or burn subtitles. The device profile you have chosen will partly determine what is enabled or disabled here.

The Options dialog (Subtitles page) let you set your preferred language (e.g. German) and Mezzmo will try to stream German subtitles to your devices. If you wish, you can also set the language for each specific device in your home by using the Device Settings dialog - for example, if you wish to stream German subtitles to one device in your home and English subtitles to another device in another room in your home.

fits79
02-13-2013, 07:26 PM
Still the same.

THE 3.0.1.0 HAVE PROBLEMS WIT SUBTITLES INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL.

SO PLEASE FIX IT AND DON'T TRY TO TELL US THAT THE PROGRAM WORK FINE WITH SUBTITLES BECAUSE IT ISN'T SO SIMPLE.

WHY THE OFICIAL PURE SAMSUNG ALLSHARE MANAGER PROGRAM WORKS PERFECT WITH SUBTITLES????

AND WHY THE OLDER MEZZMO 2.X.X WORK FINE WITH SUBTITLES AND THE NEW 3.X.X.X DOESN'T...

SO SIMPLE THE NEW RELEASE OF MEZZMO IS STILL FULL OF BUGS/PROBLEMS/ISSUES SO SIMPLE.

AFTER SO LONG TIME AND STILL DON'T FIX THE PROGRAM TO SIMPLY WORK FINE NOT PERFECT BUT FINE

manumi
02-14-2013, 06:05 AM
i have problems too with my samsung C.
With the previous version without the subtitles, I could watch my movies in VO on my TV with my subtitles without any problem for subtitles in external files .srt (same folder, same name as the .avi, .mkv, ...).
I did the upgrade and now have troubles.
I uninstalled, deleted my library, re-installed, but i can't find the previous behaviour (subtitles on my TV from my external srt files).
At least without modifying options or parameters of all the concerned files !
For example, i could watch an mkv with the external srt even with srt integrated too.
Now it seems mezzmo begins a transcoding for all those files because my TV doesn't support integrated srt - but what about the external srt that's present and doesn't need any transcoding ?

copyman
02-14-2013, 07:06 AM
Hello
I remove mezzmo complete, and reinstall it and rebuld database. works fine for me. I not like the way to fix the probleem, but it fix it!
I hope it work for you.:)

Paul
02-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the confirmation, copyman. Glad you are up and running now.

GuyB
02-14-2013, 08:31 AM
Hi,
I'd like to share my observations and confirm the abovementioned subtitle issues on my Samsung BD-D7500 (now using profile Samsung BDP, also tested BDP-3D and Series D - same results). I could see the external .SRTs with Mezzmo 2.7.1 though. I do see the external subtitles (as well as the internal .SRTs) in the file properties and the FFmpeg info.
And I can visualize them on my tablets (a.o. Samsung with BubbleUPnP and MXVideo) without transcoding.
Trying to transcode them brings my homeserver to its knees (CPU @ 100%), and the video stops playing after a few images. Running Mezzmo 3.0.1.0 on Windows Home Server 2011 with Core i5 - 2400 (4 core), 4 GB RAM + a bunch of disks with separate OS disk. All wired devices (including homeserver and BDP) are connected on Gbps wired, wireless devices connected on WiFi n with sufficient bandwidth.
I also noticed on the Samsung BDP that trying to browse the video folder structure leads to the Mezzmo server disconnects. I also remarked that browsing the library in general is substantially slower on the BDP than on my other devices (tablets and mobiles). The only thing that seems to (sometimes) help, is waiting a sufficient time (like 5-10 seconds) on the folder level above before pressing 'OK' to enter the folder. Almost like the BDP uses this time to clear internal buffers and/or reads ahead. And it appears as if the risk of server disconnects is higher when the below folders contains many entries (150+ subfolders with 1 videofile each).

I'm looking forward to a fix, since the main reason I tested and purchased Mezzmo (2.7.1) was to serve my library to the BDP with subtitles included. The first evaluation on 2.7.1 already showed the external ones, and the promise of adding the other formats (if necessary via transcoding) in version 3.0.0.0 made me decide.
Since we live in a multilingual country (Flemish, French, German) and English is only our third language at school, it does sometimes help to have subtitles :).

I'm willing to rebuild the database, but only as a last resort (50.000+ files - 2 TB).

Thanks for the priority and effort to solve the above.

Guy

P.S.: On the positive side, I do love the ISO and DVD behaviour in the current version.

catharsys
02-14-2013, 09:37 AM
Well.. Samsung C here... upgraded to 3 (with some problems) and... everything went smooth... but no subs... So.. deleted everything and new install.. added only a couple of files on the new database.. and no go for subs.. so something is broken.
Now running 2.7.1.9 (with the no disconnect after some time patch) and everything is working again.
Consdering only upgrading when I am sure that everything is fine again, since it takes ages to rebuild the 3 TB movie and music database

fits79
02-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Hello
I remove mezzmo complete, and reinstall it and rebuld database. works fine for me. I not like the way to fix the probleem, but it fix it!
I hope it work for you.:)
I believe you are the only one that fix the subs problem because to me and most of others doesn't fix with that procedure.

fits79
02-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Hi,
I'd like to share my observations and confirm the abovementioned subtitle issues on my Samsung BD-D7500 (now using profile Samsung BDP, also tested BDP-3D and Series D - same results). I could see the external .SRTs with Mezzmo 2.7.1 though. I do see the external subtitles (as well as the internal .SRTs) in the file properties and the FFmpeg info.
And I can visualize them on my tablets (a.o. Samsung with BubbleUPnP and MXVideo) without transcoding.
Trying to transcode them brings my homeserver to its knees (CPU @ 100%), and the video stops playing after a few images. Running Mezzmo 3.0.1.0 on Windows Home Server 2011 with Core i5 - 2400 (4 core), 4 GB RAM + a bunch of disks with separate OS disk. All wired devices (including homeserver and BDP) are connected on Gbps wired, wireless devices connected on WiFi n with sufficient bandwidth.
I also noticed on the Samsung BDP that trying to browse the video folder structure leads to the Mezzmo server disconnects. I also remarked that browsing the library in general is substantially slower on the BDP than on my other devices (tablets and mobiles). The only thing that seems to (sometimes) help, is waiting a sufficient time (like 5-10 seconds) on the folder level above before pressing 'OK' to enter the folder. Almost like the BDP uses this time to clear internal buffers and/or reads ahead. And it appears as if the risk of server disconnects is higher when the below folders contains many entries (150+ subfolders with 1 videofile each).

I'm looking forward to a fix, since the main reason I tested and purchased Mezzmo (2.7.1) was to serve my library to the BDP with subtitles included. The first evaluation on 2.7.1 already showed the external ones, and the promise of adding the other formats (if necessary via transcoding) in version 3.0.0.0 made me decide.
Since we live in a multilingual country (Flemish, French, German) and English is only our third language at school, it does sometimes help to have subtitles :).

I'm willing to rebuild the database, but only as a last resort (50.000+ files - 2 TB).

Thanks for the priority and effort to solve the above.

Guy

P.S.: On the positive side, I do love the ISO and DVD behaviour in the current version.
As already tallies MANY TIMES this program is full of bugs/issues and problems and any newer version comes out with more problems than fixes so.......

Paul
02-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Hi Guy,

Regarding problems browsing folders, a few users have reported this behaviour and we are investigating it here. A fix will be included in the next release.

Regarding subtitles, we are presently fixing a few issues that have been reported. To make sure we cover your issues, please turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Run Mezzmo again and start your Mezzmo server. Stream a video that should have subtitles and when you experience the problem you describe, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Paul
02-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Hi catharsys,

If you are willing to re-install Mezzmo v3.01 and add a few files, we'd like to see a set of logs that will show us why you are not getting any subtitles. Here's what you would need to do: Re-install Mezzmo v3.0.1 with a clean database. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging). Stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Run Mezzmo and add your files into Mezzmo. Next, right-click on a video in Mezzmo and click Properties. Go to the Subtitles tab in the Properties dialog and check if your subtitles are listed. Click Reload Subtitles if they are not. Try streaming a video to your device(s) and when no subtitles are displayed, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. In your email, please also include the subtitle files that were not streamed by Mezzmo. We'll investigate this further once we get your logs & subtitle files.

copyman
02-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Helllo

Off the record. I have install Mezzmo 3.0.1.0 on my laptop and there I have no probleems to. Subs works for me.
So you can try it to, so you can see that you have nothing forgot to delete on you pc. With other words test it on a clean pc.
Hope it works. :)

luffy
02-16-2013, 10:47 AM
I can confirm that after following the instructions on this thread by uninstalling mezzmo, deleting the library and reinstalling has done the trick and now the external subs work perfectly on my Samsung D TV. Thank you for the help :)

nyarrow
02-16-2013, 11:58 PM
An observation wrt subtitles.

I have been trying to get the subtitles working with one video, as a test. My library folder structure is such that I have 'My Videos' and, on a separate drive, 'Video Folder'. The test video, with an existing .srt file, is located the relevant folder within 'Video Folder' and I have just found that my attempts to convert the subtitle file have turned up in a subtitles folder with 'My Videos' and not as I expected in the 'Video Folder'

( I have tried to change the subtitle location in tools/ Options/ Subtitles/ Advanced but I keep getting a response of 'failed to open file'.)

Paul
02-18-2013, 07:29 AM
Converted subtitles are placed in your Windows Videos folder. We have chosen this folder location as it's purpose is for storing video related content. We chose not to write the converted subtitle file into the same folder as the original subtitle file as Mezzmo may not permissions to do this.

The folder location in Options -> Subtitles -> Advanced is for telling Mezzmo an alternate location where your subtitles are stored (as compared to typical location of being in the same folder as your video file).

fits79
02-18-2013, 08:08 AM
So what really gonna gappened with subtitles?

Did you bring another version that solves that issue?

Paul
02-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Hi fits79,

We are still waiting for a set of logs from you. Can you send us a set of logs? If you cannot do this, we will help you.

fits79
02-18-2013, 09:42 PM
I send you p.m. why i can't and the problem it isn't only me i have it as you see...

So you must FIX it to the next version of the prg.

Paul
02-19-2013, 06:54 AM
I send you p.m. why i can't and the problem it isn't only me i have it as you see...

So you must FIX it to the next version of the prg.

Since you cannot send logs, then unfortunately we cannot help you. We cannot guess what is going wrong on your system.

For the other users, we have now fixed their subtitle problems and we are preparing a new Mezzmo update that we will release in the next 1-2 days.

fits79
02-19-2013, 10:00 AM
If it solver the subs problems to these users maybe it solved into mine to.

Paul
02-19-2013, 10:23 AM
If it solver the subs problems to these users maybe it solved into mine to.

I hope so too :)

fits79
02-20-2013, 09:10 PM
So TODAY you release the new version of mezzmo that fix the subtitle problem correct?

Paul
02-22-2013, 08:18 AM
We will release the new Mezzmo update soon. We are testing it now.

fits79
02-23-2013, 08:40 AM
Did you fix the sub problem?

And when do you release it?

BASED ON YOUR TALKING YOU SAY THAT IT WAS RELEASED:

Since you cannot send logs, then unfortunately we cannot help you. We cannot guess what is going wrong on your system.

For the other users, we have now fixed their subtitle problems and we are preparing a new Mezzmo update that we will release in the next 1-2 days.
And already passed 5 days so....

Paul
02-23-2013, 09:19 AM
And already passed 5 days so....

...so it will be released when we are ready. Thanks for your patience.

eraserhead
02-28-2013, 02:24 AM
I am a 15-day trial member, trying to decide on buying, and I have the same issue.
At first thought it was my problem, so I did everything that's listed here.
Nothing seemed to work, although the rebuilding of the library took an abnormal amount of time to complete, so I will try again and let you know.

One thing I noticed:

Maintaining Library with the update subtitles etc, does not succeed on "loading" the external .srt on the video.
Right clicking a video and going to properties on mezzmo, shows an empty list under "subtitles". (Subs working great locally on PC with my video player)
Clicking update Subtitles has no effect on the empty list (currently no subtitles).

Clicking add subtitles and choosing the .srt does one of two things:
- Shows the subtitle options dialog, with all the options.
or
- Shows a warning/error about numbering / or html tags. Deleting the "strange" lines (downloaded by xxxx sub group), and re-trying fixes the error and I see the normal options screen.

Clicking OK, does nothing. It does not add the subtitle. I tried with any options / code page / input format I thought was remotely possible.

HOWEVER, clicking Convert, and using the default values (subrip), adds the subtitle just fine, and it streams perfectly ok. (although the sub is now on the myvideos/subtitles/ folder )
So it is not an issue of streaming, but of adding the .srt .

Tried almost all the options of maintaining library (even update all files, but on subfolder of the Video category) and still nothing.

Hope this helps to pinpoint the problem.

I'll maybe try to find a 2.7 version to try that out as well, as people say it does not have these problems.

jeauxbleaux
02-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Hi to all,

I am running Mezzmo v2.7.1.0 with my Samsung C series TV with a Samsung D profile with transcoding disabled. All of my subtitles are either external SRT files (which I much prefer) or hard coded. All of the SRT subtitles work perfectly.

Based on what I have read above, I am VERY apprehensive about upgrading to v3. I have spent a LOT of time customizing my database and do NOT want to spend ages rebuilding it, or uninstalling/reinstalling the program. However, I am intrigued by some of the new features of v3, especially support for ISO files. Accordingly, I have the following questions.

1. The latest version at this time is v3.0.2.0. Has this version improved things for those users that are having subtitle problems, particularly with Samsung TVs and SRT files? If so, how?

2. Is it possible to obtain a copy of my current program version (v2.7.1.0), so that I can protect myself and downgrade if necessary?

3. Alternatively, is it possible to import my current Mezzmo database into a clean v3 database should the need arise? Would it work? How compatible are the two versions? Is the v3 database merely a super-set of the v2 database?

Thanks in advance for all help.

eraserhead
02-28-2013, 09:05 AM
I am a 15-day trial member, trying to decide on buying, and I have the same issue.
At first thought it was my problem, so I did everything that's listed here.
Nothing seemed to work, although the rebuilding of the library took an abnormal amount of time to complete, so I will try again and let you know.

One thing I noticed:

Maintaining Library with the update subtitles etc, does not succeed on "loading" the external .srt on the video.
Right clicking a video and going to properties on mezzmo, shows an empty list under "subtitles". (Subs working great locally on PC with my video player)
Clicking update Subtitles has no effect on the empty list (currently no subtitles).

Clicking add subtitles and choosing the .srt does one of two things:
- Shows the subtitle options dialog, with all the options.
or
- Shows a warning/error about numbering / or html tags. Deleting the "strange" lines (downloaded by xxxx sub group), and re-trying fixes the error and I see the normal options screen.

Clicking OK, does nothing. It does not add the subtitle. I tried with any options / code page / input format I thought was remotely possible.

HOWEVER, clicking Convert, and using the default values (subrip), adds the subtitle just fine, and it streams perfectly ok. (although the sub is now on the myvideos/subtitles/ folder )
So it is not an issue of streaming, but of adding the .srt .

Tried almost all the options of maintaining library (even update all files, but on subfolder of the Video category) and still nothing.

Hope this helps to pinpoint the problem.

I'll maybe try to find a 2.7 version to try that out as well, as people say it does not have these problems.

Just following-up.
I completely deleted everything mezzmo related and built the database from scratch.
The problem still exists. Same exact as I am describing it above.

This is an issue that will prevent me from buying mezzmo till it gets resolved, cause right now I can manually add the subs to each movie I want to watch, but it's a very temporary solution, and even though I love the rest, its a huge drawback for me.

[EDIT]:
Just for reference reasons:
I am using latest 3.0.2 version from the official website, and playing on a Samsung UE46D5000 TV (tried profiles Samsung C and Samsung BDP )

Gus
02-28-2013, 09:23 AM
It didnt work on my setup to begin with, even after a maintain lib.

I then went to MediaServer/Media Devices and selected my Device. Then clicked Edit and then Subtitles tab.
Click Edit next to the bottom option called Supported Subtitle Formats. On the external tab, add in SubRib,.srt
Then a maintain lib.

Now all my srt files work.

For info all my srt files are named the same as the mkv file and in the same folder.

Sorry if people have tried this, but it worked for me.

Just my 2cents

Cheers

Gus

Paul
02-28-2013, 10:42 AM
We have found a problem in Mezzmo v3.0.2.0 where some external subtitle files may not be picked up by Mezzmo. We have fixed this and can provide a patch for any users who have found that their subtitles are not being read by Mezzmo. Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com for the patch, or alternatively wait until we release a minor update for all Mezzmo users that contains this fix. I expect the minor release to be released next week.

Regarding trying Mezzmo v3.0.2.0 whilst wanting to keep an earlier Mezzmo version's database intact, I suggest you backup your current Mezzmo database folder before upgrading. Then you can install (upgrade) to Mezzmo v3.0.2.0 over the top of your existing Mezzmo and try it. If you want to revert back, then uninstall Mezzmo v3.0.2.0 (including removing your Mezzmo library) and then install the earlier version of Mezzmo again. Once installed, you can restore your backed-up Mezzmo database folder to its original location. To back up your Mezzmo database folder, see this post - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/5717-Backup-Mezzmo-data-base. Please make sure you stop your Mezzmo server and exit the Mezzmo application before copying the Mezzmo database folder.

Mezzmo v2.7.1.0 installer can be downloaded from http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/2710_mezzmo-setup.exe (other versions follow the same naming scheme)

eraserhead
03-01-2013, 02:33 AM
It didnt work on my setup to begin with, even after a maintain lib.

I then went to MediaServer/Media Devices and selected my Device. Then clicked Edit and then Subtitles tab.
Click Edit next to the bottom option called Supported Subtitle Formats. On the external tab, add in SubRib,.srt
Then a maintain lib.

Now all my srt files work.

For info all my srt files are named the same as the mkv file and in the same folder.

Sorry if people have tried this, but it worked for me.

Just my 2cents

Cheers

Gus

Thanks man, but this isn't the issue here.
The device options are fine, and it does stream/play subtitles.

The problem is in the loading of the subtitles to the Video files, in the Library/database.
For some reason it does not load the subs on the same path, but it loads them after "converting" them, which -it seems to me- it only copies them to the myvideos/subtitles/ folder and links them to the video.

I'll wait for the patch / minor update next week and try again then.

Paul
03-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Just to confirm, we have fix the subtitle loading problem & the fix will be included in the next Mezzmo minor release scheduled to be released next week.

melvchea
03-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Hi, I tried emailing support@conceiva.com for the subtitle patch for mezzmo 3.0.2 but the email account was full. is there any other way to get the subtitle patch?

thank you.

Just to confirm, we have fix the subtitle loading problem & the fix will be included in the next Mezzmo minor release scheduled to be released next week.

Paul
03-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Hi melvchea,

Our support email is not full (just checked and tested now) so I don't know what went wrong with your email (perhaps you email is full?).

Anyway, please just download the latest Mezzmo installer (v3.0.2.0) from http://www.conceiva.com/downloads and this includes the subtitle loading fix mentioned above.

fits79
03-18-2013, 01:15 PM
And STILL external subtitles DOESN'T WORK......

I have every mkv file with and external .srt file that it is the subtitles and has the EXACT same file name extept extention with video file and still DOESN'T WORK....

Paul
03-18-2013, 05:59 PM
Since you refuse to send us logs :confused:, we'll try to get you up and running the long way.

Some questions:

What device are streaming to (include manufacturer and model number)?
What device profile is assigned to your device in Mezzmo? Go to the Media devices dialog to see this.
Right-click on a video in Mezzmo and click Properties. In the Properties dialog, go to the Subtitles tab. Do you see your subtitles listed here? If not, click the "Update Subtitles" button. If still not listed, take a screenshot of this dialog and post it here.
Go to the Media Devices dialog and edit your device. In the Device Settings dialog, go to the Subtitles tab and take a screenshot of this dialog and post it here. Go to the Transcoding tab in the Device Settings dialog and delete your transcoded files.
Right-click on the video in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information. Post that information here.

fits79
03-18-2013, 08:36 PM
I have the samsung ue40es6100
samsung e
No i don't see the subtitle file there

Paul
03-19-2013, 10:13 AM
Since you do not see subtitles in the Properties dialog for your videos, then (for some reason) Mezzmo is not picking up your subtitle files. If you send us a set of logs we can see what the problem is. Without logs, sorry - we cannot help you.

jeauxbleaux
03-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Hi Paul,

It has been several weeks. Will the update to v3.0.2.0 be available soon?

Paul
03-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Will the update to v3.0.2.0 be available soon?

Just testing it now. Hopefully by end of this week.

fits79
03-19-2013, 12:40 PM
What options i must have checked at the options-> subtitles menu?

Because i have try anything without any results.....

Paul
03-19-2013, 12:55 PM
If you do not see subtitles listed in the Properties dialog (Subtitles tab) for your videos, then that's the problem. For some reason, Mezzmo is not picking up your subtitle files. If you send us a set of logs we can see what the problem is. Without logs, sorry - we cannot help you.

koshi
03-22-2013, 05:24 AM
Right after i went back to transcoding my files with handbrake before watching them, i received the 15$ discount offer and noticed, that support for subtitles is claimed to be fixed.

So i bought the software and - after a clean reinstall - gave it a try once again. The results however are not really sufficient. Embedded MKV subtitles are still stripped from the video. In the properties the subtitle stream is listed. However, it is neither streamed to the device, nor is it burned in when selecting the according option when pretranscoding.

Should this work in the latest version?

Paul
03-22-2013, 09:06 AM
Hi koshi,

In the current version of Mezzmo (v3.0.2.0), if you want your embedded subtitle channel burnt into your transcoded video, then you need to extract it out of the video as an external subtitle first. Then Mezzmo will be able to burn it into your transcoded video. On the Properties dialog (Subtitles tab), select the embedded subtitle and click the Extract button to extract it out as an external subtitle file. Once done, try pre-transcoding or streaming the video to your device and see if that gets subtitles working for you.

If still no success, let us know a few things:

The device you are streaming to (incl. manufacturer and model).
The device profile that is assigned to your device in Mezzmo. Go to the Media Devices dialog to see this.
The FFmpeg information on the vidoe that you are streaming / pre-transcoding. Right-click on the video in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.

We are looking at automating the extraction of embedded subtitle channels in an upcoming version.