PDA

View Full Version : Cant see movies/Vids after 3.0 upgrade? Sony Bravia 46EX520

firthy
02-06-2013, 08:36 AM
Mezzmo Ver 3.0

TV - Sony Bravia 46EX520
Mezzmo was working fine for the last year through all the other updates until the 3.0 update. Now I cant see either my TV in media devices in mezzmo, or see my media files at all on my TV.
I can see mezzmo on the TV and the Bravia says its connected, TV is networked fine, internet services work on it, mezzmo server is running, Ive configured through windows firewall and Ive tried with firewall disabled as well. Ive also re-installed mezzmo about 3 times now to no avail.
NOTE: also cant see music or photos folders either.
Mezzmo on PC with firewall disabled

TV can see Mezzmo

I cant see my Folder with Media on it?

If I go into all video files I get this

Any help appreciated please this is driving me nuts!!!
Thanks Firthy

Paul
02-06-2013, 12:59 PM
If your files are coming from a NAS drive or another computer, then it may be an access permissions issue. See this FAQ to solve this - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/4597-FAQ-Accessing-files-from-external-computers-and-NAS-drives-on-your-home-network

firthy
02-06-2013, 08:59 PM
the info from Peter @ conceiva in the email worked a treat, thanks Peter, btw for anyone else with this problem heres the fix that worked for me.

Open Mezzmo, go into Media server settings, rename mezzmo server to something else.

eg: I renamed mine from mezzmo to mezzmo69, then my tv etc were visible and I could see the files on my tv now.
Thanks

Firthy

Paul
02-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Thanks for posting back, firthy. Glad you are up and running again.