PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo 3.0 question re: Subtitles on WDTV Live

zelfred
02-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Hi!

I have 3 WD TV Lives. All of them are set to display subtitles. All of them are set in the Mezzmo options to burn subtitles if the container doesn't support external subs.

I notice that when I have an mp4 file and a matching srt subtitle file, after I play it on one WD TV live player, the srt file disappears from the server-side/computer. The subtitles show up fine upon viewing. I'm assuming subtitles have been burned into the video.

The problem comes when I try to play the same video file on a different WD TV Live player. No subtitles show. And unfortunately- because the srt file is gone from my server/computer- I can't get Mezzmo to reburn the subtitle file into the video.

Is this how it's supposed to be? Am I missing something?

Before 3.0 I've been muxing my srt & mp4 files into an mkv file. I was hoping not to have to do the same once 3.0 came out.

Appreciate any advice, thoughts re: subtitles on Mezzmo/WD TV Live.

-Zel
mezzmo username: zelfred

Paul
02-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Hi Zel,

Can you send a set of logs when you do this? We'd like to see what is happening. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Exit Mezzmo and start it again. Now repeat the steps you mention. After that, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Email all the logs to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. It may also help to include one of the SRT files in your email and include the FFmpeg information in the video that you are streaming (right-click on the video in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information').