PDA

View Full Version : SUbtitles on Sony BDV E980

JDoe
02-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Hello,

I have a question regarding proper configuration of Mezzmo 3.0 to display external subtitles (.srt) on my BDV E980.

This Home cinema system is capable of displaying subtitles muxed in matroska files so at the moment I use mkvtoolmix to mux video and .srt subtitles and then I use Serviio to stream those files, which works perfectly. However, I would like to automatize this process so that I dont have to mux every single video i have.

So my question is, can Mezzmo be set up in such a manner, that it will on the fly do the muxing of separate video and subtitle file so that they can be viewed on my Sony? I dont want to use the burn in, because to me it seems like a overkil.

Thank you for any help.

JD

Paul
02-09-2013, 09:48 AM
Hi JD,

In Mezzmo v3.0.1, all our Sony device profiles burn subtitles as we have never found any Sony device that is capable of displaying external or embedded subtitles. So, I am glad to read your knowledge on this, Mezzmo v3.0.1 has the automatic ability to mux external subtitles into video containers as embedded subtitle channels, so we can create a Sony BDV device profile that tells Mezzmo to mux SRT subtitles into MKV containers. Please email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll work with you to get this up and running.