PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo problem with showing folders on TV and playing mkv files

Gile1
02-09-2013, 01:26 AM
Hello, I've just bought Mezzmo. I had the Trial Version a couple days ago and it was all OK.
Today I've installed the new full version of the program and now i have a lot of problems.
I have a Samsung Smart TV. When i try to open the folders section the TV freezes and restarts.
And when i try to open files from a shared folder I can't. It says that the filetype is not supported.

Can you help me out?
Thx

Paul
02-09-2013, 08:53 AM
First, lets make sure the upgrade went smoothly. Stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Download the Mezzmo installer from http://www.conceiva.com/downloads and then run it. Choose to do a Repair when prompted. After that completes, run Mezzmo and start your Mezzmo server. Try streaming now. If still a problem, then we'll need to see a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Repeat the problem that you are getting and then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Gile1
02-09-2013, 09:28 PM
when i try to install it. it just says: your mezzmo is up to date

Gile1
02-09-2013, 09:57 PM
I have uninstalled it, then installed it again. Same problem.
an MP4 won't play; and the movies that are on the shared folder won't play at all (most of them are mkv files)
(Mezzmo is installed on my PC and the folder which contains the movies is shared to my PC from an another PC, a couple days ago it was all fine...)
When i open the "folders" section on my TV and go in to the folder MOVIES it won't show any other folder or files located in the folder movies. But when i go to recently added section there are those movies, but won't play...

Paul
02-10-2013, 08:57 AM
If files from a shared (network) drive/folder don't play, then the reason is most likely access permissions. See this FAQ - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/4597-FAQ-Accessing-files-from-external-computers-and-NAS-drives-on-your-home-network.

Regarding your MP4, please post the FFMpeg information. Right-click on the MP4 and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. And, tell us the model of the device you are streaming to and the device profile assigned to your device in Mezzmo. Check the Media Devices dialog to see this.

Gile1
02-11-2013, 12:07 AM
ffmpeg version N-46003-gfa48da1 Copyright (c) 2000-2012 the FFmpeg developers
built on Oct 25 2012 12:37:27 with gcc 4.6.2 (GCC)
configuration: --enable-memalign-hack --arch=x86 --target-os=mingw32 --cross-prefix=i686-w64-mingw32- --enable-static --disable-shared --enable-zlib --disable-postproc --prefix=/home/peter/ffmpeg/build/gpl --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libx264 --enable-gpl --extra-libs='-lx264 -lpthread' --enable-runtime-cpudetect --extra-cflags=-I/home/peter/cc/include --extra-ldflags=-L/home/peter/cc/lib --pkg-config=pkg-config --disable-w32threads --enable-zlib
libavutil 52. 0.100 / 52. 0.100
libavcodec 54. 69.100 / 54. 69.100
libavformat 54. 34.100 / 54. 34.100
libavdevice 54. 3.100 / 54. 3.100
libavfilter 3. 20.105 / 3. 20.105
libswscale 2. 1.101 / 2. 1.101
libswresample 0. 16.100 / 0. 16.100
Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'D:\kontakt\ja ja ja\ja ja ja.mp4':
Metadata:
major_brand : isom
minor_version : 1
compatible_brands: isom
creation_time : 2012-10-23 07:51:00
Duration: 00:19:17.18, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 12464 kb/s
Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 11843 kb/s, 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 30k tbn, 59.94 tbc
Metadata:
handler_name : VideoHandler
Stream #0:1(und): Audio: aac (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 127 kb/s
Metadata:
handler_name : SoundHandler
Stream #0:2(und): Data: none (rtp / 0x20707472)
Metadata:
creation_time : 2012-10-23 10:08:02
handler_name : GPAC ISO Hint Handler
Stream #0:3(und): Data: none (rtp / 0x20707472)
Metadata:
creation_time : 2012-10-23 10:08:18
handler_name : GPAC ISO Hint Handler
At least one output file must be specified

<MEZZMO>: Child process ended with code: 109, ExitCode=1

---> DB Level Info: 41, 100
---> Frame rate: 29,97
---> Aspect ratio: 16:9

It's a Samsung Smart TV UE40ES5500W
Device profile Samsung E

Paul
02-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Please send us a set of logs and that should tell what is happening. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Try streaming the video and when it fails, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all your logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Gile1
02-11-2013, 06:48 PM
i've just sent you the logs (subject: logs for mkv file not playing)

Gile1
02-11-2013, 06:52 PM
and about the shared folder: In my credential manager i can see the other computer, but when try to see via mezzmo services, i can't; i write the name of the other computer, but it says: "The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified."

The folder is shared and i have full permissions on it.

Peter
02-12-2013, 10:56 AM
Hi,
do you use a blank password to logon to Windows? You may need to go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools and run 'Local Security Policy' then under 'Local Policies' you will find 'Security Options' and in here is a setting for 'Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only', if this setting is enabled you will not be able to use a blank password to run the Mezzmo media server.

Gile1
02-12-2013, 04:15 PM
I do use a blank password and that option is disabled...

Paul
02-13-2013, 09:19 AM
The option being disabled should be fine (meaning blank passwords are accepted). I guess that the username that you are entering is missing the computer name, domain name or workgroup name. Typically the username should look like:

<computername>\<username>

Example: dell3400\john

Try that and see how you go.

Gile1
02-13-2013, 09:11 PM
that doesn't work either...

Paul
02-14-2013, 08:15 AM
OK - please take screenshots of various windows/dialogs that you are using to configure your account settings and we'll see if we can see what's going wrong. Email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Gile1
02-22-2013, 08:33 PM
i've just sent them

Paul
02-23-2013, 06:56 AM
Thanks. We'll check them out and report back if we can see anything wrong.

mrgenie
08-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Thanks. We'll check them out and report back if we can see anything wrong.

Hi Paul, usually I e-mail you about issues, but since I stumbled upon this question, I might want to point out that I had an issue which is/was similar.

As you know I've been using mezzmo successfully for more than a year now. But I came upon the issue several times where mezzmo showed up on the Samsung as DLNA and then suddenly was gone..
Then it was there, but each time I selected it to browse for a movie/music/picture it shut down the DLNA client on the TV.
Sometimes I even got to the movie, and then Samsung crashed.

Sometimes, no issue at all.

Took me a long time to figure this out, but I remember I once got the issue solved automatically after there was a lightning storm here. I always take off all electricity when lightning hits the area. Since I did enough tests to be sure it wasn't windows, I started to puzzle with the network..

As it turns out, I own 18 routers of different brands so I could test this very thorough, the strange behavior was router related!
1 of my routers (of course only if the router is used as switch between mezzmo server and Samsung TV) got DLNA issues after internet was disconnected, but not always.
some routers got DLNA issues after downloading a high volume of Data (100+ Gigs)
Some routers got DLNA issues after running Bittorrent or Newsbin software..
Even some switches got DLNA issues after copy-pasting large data (you know I own a 48 TB Rig, so I copy paste quite a lot of data) over the network..

As it turns out, there is no specific DLNA setting in my routers/switches, but the DLNA issues are related to the UPnP implementation on the routers/switches.
switch UPnP off, and you have no mezzmo at all or only very bad service with a lot of disconnections.
Some switches implement UPnP completely wrong, if you have such a unit, and still warrenty, bring it back!

I updated most of my routers to DD-wrt latest firmware, which seems to solve this issue for 99,9% of the time..
but I'd say once every 180 days it still hits me..
And you notice it first with Samsung DLNA client, but if you inspect the packets, even skype or Remote Desktop are affected by this.. only these
services recover instantly because the issue with the UPnP, which is needed for DLNA, is only a fraction of a few milliseconds..and windows software
handles this perfectly.. But the Samsung DLNA client doesn't like it and leave the client, go back to main view, or even crash the TV..

Samsung is generally VERY SENSIBLE to timeouts of any kind!
DNS, UPnP, Latency over the Internet (I know because I have Sat Internet)..

You might want to put this information (better written then I did of course) about resetting routers, switches, latency, samsung sensible time out on UPnP, DNS, Latency on the FAQ so people know when such errors occur:"don't start looking at mezzmo or restarting the mezzmo PC or the Samsung, but instead, everything runs fine, mezzmo is playing perfectly, and before the user does something else: switch off and on all network routers/switches, verify UPnP is running, check google for the specific unit if UPnP is implemented properly.. several switches even from professional brands have faulty UPnP implementations, switch off bittorrent or any other program that kills UPnP even on routers/switches that have UPnP properly implemented.. and after all that has been verified.. first then start looking at a mezzmo issue..

I think you'll find most users with connectivity issues will find out it's not a mezzmo issue.. but issues with the cheap home networking devices..

Paul
08-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Great information, mrgenie. Many thanks for sharing what you have learned.