PDA

View Full Version : Films appear in multiple genre's

yubious
02-11-2013, 09:49 AM
love the new features, especially the auto info sync with imdb,

but as most films could be listed under multiple genres,
rather then the film come under the genre: Action,Crime,Drama,Thriller,
it actually appears in separate headings for each genre..
if that makes sense?!

Paul
02-11-2013, 10:10 AM
That does make sense and we know that listing genres, actors, etc. as comma separated lists is not as useful as it should be. We will fix in this in an upcoming version.

scottier
02-15-2013, 08:03 PM
A simple work around for this issue is to create a smart playlist. I have a Playlist container called genre and created a smart playlist for every genre. Simple create a rule that genre contains "action" or "adventure" or what ever. This way you can see your movies and if they have more than one genre they will show up under both genres. Works out really well and gives you that Netflix sort of browsing.

jbinkley60
02-15-2013, 08:22 PM
A simple work around for this issue is to create a smart playlist. I have a Playlist container called genre and created a smart playlist for every genre. Simple create a rule that genre contains "action" or "adventure" or what ever. This way you can see your movies and if they have more than one genre they will show up under both genres. Works out really well and gives you that Netflix sort of browsing.

I use the same approach and it works beautifully. This was one of the main selling poins or Mezzmo. I do the same thing with actors and actresses. I have high level menus called Actor and Actress. Then create a smart playlist for each actor or actress I want to have separate menus. Once you create the first one you can cut/paste the smart playlist and then just change the actor/actress name for each paste to quickly clone the smart playlists.

Paul
02-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Glad to hear that Mezzmo's flexibiity allows you to create the playlists & see the files you want.

We will still separate the genres, artists, etc. in active playlists to make them more useful in a future version.

Paul
08-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Mezzmo v3.3 has been released and it now lists genres separately rather than one long list. This makes browsing much more convenient.