PDA

View Full Version : Backup Mezzmo data base

Rockydog1947
02-11-2013, 01:34 PM
In the next few days I'm going to be installing a new motherboard and processor and will have to do a new install and would like to know if there is a way that I can backup my mezzmo movie data base? It's a big job to search each individual title and a backup would be a great option.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ken

Paul
02-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Hi Ken,

The main Mezzmo database folder is located at:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Conceiva\Mezzmo (for Win8/Win7/Vista)
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Conceiva\Mezzmo (for Win XP)

If you back these up and then restore them to the same location, then you should be fine. Stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo before backing up. Let us know if any problems.

Rockydog1947
02-12-2013, 01:55 AM
Hi Ken,

The main Mezzmo database folder is located at:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Conceiva\Mezzmo (for Win8/Win7/Vista)
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Conceiva\Mezzmo (for Win XP)

If you back these up and then restore them to the same location, then you should be fine. Stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo before backing up. Let us know if any problems.

When I go to C:\Users\ All Users, Default User, Ken and UpdatusUser folders are locked. Default is unlocked but when I get to Local there is no Conceiva folder.

I have only had one user account setup as Administrator. I can usually navigate myself around windows pretty well but all these locked folders are driving me crazy. Any advice?

Thanks, Ken

Paul
02-12-2013, 10:12 AM
If they say they are locked, that typically means you are not running with administrator privileges. Try this: On the Start menu type "explorer' and you should see Windows Explorer appear among the search results. Right-click on Windows Explorer and click 'Run As Administrator'. Now try browsing the folders in my earlier post.

Rockydog1947
02-12-2013, 10:39 AM
If they say they are locked, that typically means you are not running with administrator privileges. Try this: On the Start menu type "explorer' and you should see Windows Explorer appear among the search results. Right-click on Windows Explorer and click 'Run As Administrator'. Now try browsing the folders in my earlier post.

Thanks Paul, your suggestion didn't work, however, I did find what I needed with this command "%userprofile%\AppData". I found the folder you suggested and others that I needed to backup.

Thanks again, Ken

Paul
02-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Glad you found the folder. Good luck with the backup and hardware upgrade.