PDA

View Full Version : Get Artwork from video/Play count

mcseven
02-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Hi,

I'm just installed the full version of mezzmo 3.0.1.0 on a htpc, added some folders and want to get artworks from the video files, but it isn't possibible for any file "Artwork could not be generated from the video at the selected time." at any position. Where is the problem?

The second thing is, that regardless of what is configured under "Increment play count after streaming percentage of file(%)", when a video is started (for just a second) play count will be increased, why?

Thanks for help....

deaded
02-12-2013, 06:59 AM
I'm having the same 'get artwork' issue. Didn't have it in version 3. At least I'm not crazy.

KevinA
02-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Agree with the play count issue.

I have set my video play count to 50 %. If I don't stop the video quick enough, it automatically goes to the next one in the list. The play count is increased even tho it only plays for a few seconds.

Also - how do you stop the subtitle maintenance. Don't use subtitles.

Device is Samsung C

Paul
02-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Hi mcseven,

I assume you are clicking 'Change Artwork' -> 'Get Artwork From Video'? If yes, please post the FFmpeg information on one of the videos that does not let you get artwork from the video using this feature. Does it work for any video that you have?

We'll re-test the play count incrementing and report back.

Paul
02-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Hi KevinA,

Subtitle maintenance is part of Mezzmo and cannot be turned off. If you don't have any subtitles, then it should process quickly.

Paul
02-12-2013, 09:53 AM
I'm having the same 'get artwork' issue. Didn't have it in version 3. At least I'm not crazy.

I think mcseven is having an issue with 'Get Artwork From Video' - which is different from 'Get Internet Artwork'. Regarding your problem, we have tried it here and it is working well for us. So, we would like to see a set of logs when you try to use this feature and it fails. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo application. Run Mezzmo again and try to get some artwork from the internet. When it fails, exit the Mezzmo application. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Paul
02-12-2013, 11:55 AM

We checked your logs and sent an email to you. The logs show that Mezzmo tries to download various movie poster artwork but was denied access. The most probable reason is that your firewall or system protection software is blocking Mezzmo from accessing certain (or all?) web sites. Try to find out why Mezzmo.exe and MezzmoMediaServer.exe are denied access from web sites. It will be some configuration on your computer.

mcseven
02-12-2013, 11:13 PM
Hi Paul,

I can't get any artwork from any video and further more the menu point "Get FFmeg information..." is not available ...

mcseven
02-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Hi Again,

the path to ffmpeg.exe was'nt right ( don't know why ) ... it's fixed ...

It's only the play count issue left ...

Thanks

Paul
02-13-2013, 07:57 AM
Thanks for confirming the problem, mcseven. We'll re-test play count now and fix the problem for the next minor update.

Paul
02-18-2013, 04:37 PM
The play count issue has been fixed and will be included into the next Mezzmo release that we are preparing now. It should be available in the next 1-2 days.