PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 Media Player - DLNA - No ISO files

Smile
02-15-2013, 12:21 AM
I cannot see any of the ISO files or DVD folders in Media Player on Windows 8 machines. Windows Media Player also does not show the individual folders as found on other player devices. Is this a "Profile" issue? I desperately would like to get this working.

(Windows Media Player, v12.0.9200.16420)

jbinkley60
02-15-2013, 01:48 PM
I cannot see any of the ISO files or DVD folders in Media Player on Windows 8 machines. Windows Media Player also does not show the individual folders as found on other player devices. Is this a "Profile" issue? I desperately would like to get this working.

(Windows Media Player, v12.0.9200.16420)

I believe this is a Windows Media Player issue. Windows 7 does the same thing and I've not seen it work either with other DLNA servers such as Tversity. They all show up in a single folder. You can load XBMC or DVDfab's Media Player. Both support folders properly.

Paul
02-15-2013, 02:06 PM
It is a Windows Media Player (WMP) peculiarity. WMP just shows the Videos folder and that's it. Not very useful.

Regarding the ISO videos not being listed, we reproduced it here and fixed it so that DVD & DVD ISO videos are also displayed in Windows Media Player. The fix will be included in the next Mezzmo update that we're preparing now.

Smile
02-15-2013, 09:21 PM
Thank you Paul. I look forward to the fix. Mezzmo is the GREATEST !!!!!!!!