PDA

View Full Version : Sony BDP-S370 and AAC CODEC

JamboUK
02-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Hi,

I am using the latest version of the Mezzmo software.

I have an issue when playing an MP4 file with AAC audio codec on a BDP-S370 Blu-ray player.

The video and audio play fine except the audio is not presented at 5.1 surround but as two channel. If I set the same video file to pre-transcode I get 5.1 (because I believe it is output as ac3). Surely the profile I am using should account for the need to transcode from AAC to ac3 when transcoding in real time? As it stands it is a manual process in Mezzmo on my server machine for each MP4 file.

The profile I am currently using is the Sony BDP, HT, SMP.

Incidentally the audio plays OK in 5.1 for the same files on a 2010 Sony Bravia KDL TV set when without a pre-transcode.

All help appreciated.

SLPopp
02-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Was the player working prior to using version 3? If it was, get in touch with tech support. I know there was a problem with the Sony profiles in the V3.0.0.0 release, I don't know if the profiles were fixed in the V3.0.1.0 release. They had an updated Sony profile pack for V3.0.0.0 to get the Sony players working again.

Steve

edit: The Sony fixes appear to be included in v3.0.1.0. Did you try the "Sony BDP (NTSC)" or "Sony BDP (PAL)" profiles (not sure which one you need)? I have a BDP-S370 and could only get it to work with the "Sony BDP (NTSC)" profile.

JamboUK
02-18-2013, 05:41 AM
Hi.

Thank you for the reply. To be honest I don't know what the situation was with AAC audio prior to V3.

The profile I use (and I have used the other too, such as Sony BDP (PAL) ) works well generally. It is just the issue when it comes to AAC. I think my problem is two fold. The BDP doesn't appear to recognise the AAC stream that is fed from Mezzmo as 5.1 (but does once I force transcode to AC3 - hence I am wondering why when force transcoded it will convert to AC3 - yet when it is real time decoded it - I believe - must be delivered as AAC).

On top of that I don't believe my Sony 5.1 decoder likes AAC as it is an older unit. So I would be perfectly happy for the profile to convert AAC to AC3 in all instances.

Hope that makes sense?

Paul
02-18-2013, 08:53 AM
Hi JamboUK,

You can email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll supply you with a Sony BDP (PAL) device profile that does not pass AAC 5.1 to your device.

JamboUK
02-19-2013, 04:49 AM
Hi JamboUK,

You can email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll supply you with a Sony BDP (PAL) device profile that does not pass AAC 5.1 to your device.

Paul,

That is great. I will do just that now. I currently use the Sony BDP, HT, SMP profile. ALSO for further infomation my BDP DOES support and play DIVX natively.