PDA

View Full Version : Android media player is bypassing playlist permissions

techpatriot
02-17-2013, 03:54 PM
I have a Nabi 2 Android tablet. I'm using the aVia Media Player and it's working great for playing all videos. I've setup a "deny" permission on a playlist in Mezzmo and aVia no longer "sees" that folder/playlist from its point of view, as it should not. It works well. However, if I browse the "All" filter in aVia I'm able to see all videos in all playlists in Mezzmo. I thought this was because of a higher-up playlist permission, so I setup a "deny" on the top level Library playlist while also choosing "Apply to sub-playlists". I also chose "Do not allow any device access to this playlist" and I made sure there we no exceptions in the box below. Sure enough now all "folders" are gone in aVia from the "folder" view, but I'm still able to access (and play) all movies in all playlists simply by choosing "All".

Not sure if it was necessary, but I stopped the Mezzmo media server, exited Mezzmo, and restarted everything each time I made a permission change. I also made sure to completely close aVia and reopened it too.

Playlist permissions do work on a folder view level, but they seem to be bypass-able at the moment.

Thanks,
John

Paul
02-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Thank for reporting this, John. We'll test this here.

techpatriot
03-30-2013, 03:36 AM
Just wondering if there might be any update on this? Thanks, John

Paul
03-30-2013, 09:43 AM
Sorry, John - no progress as yet. Now that Mezzmo v3.1. has been released, we will take a look at your issue and resolve it. I'll report back after we are complete.

techpatriot
08-10-2013, 11:12 PM
Hi, the behavior is still the same in Mezzmo v3.2. Any chance this could get looked at still?

Thanks,
John

Paul
08-12-2013, 09:56 AM
Sorry we have not resolved this as yet, John. We'll bump it up on our development task list.