PDA

View Full Version : Disconnected any Subtitled mkv files

norbertgc
02-18-2013, 07:53 AM
Hi,

I am trying to use this tool (version 3.0.1) to show some mkv movies on my Samsung UE40D6200.
I am using a pretty large movie file 12G and a .sub Romanian based subtitle.
The movies with this kind of subtitle first try to load, when they suddenly disconnect. When trying to run again, I receive the message "unsupported file format".
The movies without subtitle are working fine.
Thanks and cheers.

PS: I have logged the messages if someone interested. I would be really like to go on and buy this product, but I cannot do it until I don't see it works.

Paul
02-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Please email us the Romanian .sub subtitle file to support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll try it here with our Samsung D-series TV.

Paul
02-18-2013, 04:46 PM
We would like to see a set of logs when you stream the video with the Romanian .sub subtitles. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. In Mezzmo, go to the Media Devices dialog and edit your Samsung TV. In the Device Settings dialog, go to the Transcoding tab and delete your transcoded files. Next, connect to Mezzmo server using your TV and stream the video with the Romanian subtitles. When it fails as you explain, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

norbertgc
02-18-2013, 05:57 PM
I sent the set of logs, but as explained also in the email, there are two possibilities:
- when I check on the Media Device Setting the "Burn subtitle into video" (enabling transcoding), then the movie crashes at start
- when I don't, it will not show the subtitle.

Paul
02-18-2013, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the logs & explanation. We'll analyze them and report back.

Paul
02-20-2013, 04:07 PM
Hi norbertgc,

We can see from your logs that transcoding the Avatar MKV file failed. Can you please email us the Romanian .sub/.idx subtitle file to support [at] conceiva [dot] com. We would like to try it here with our Samsung D-series TV. Many thanks.

norbertgc
02-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Hi Paul,

Subtitle files just sent.
Thanks and cheers.

Paul
02-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Thanks. Got your email with the subtitles. We'll test them here and report back.

norbertgc
03-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Thanks. Got your email with the subtitles. We'll test them here and report back.

Hi guys! No sign for a while... is the problem so difficult?

Paul
03-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Sorry for not getting back to you. There are two problems that we saw: (i) when burning the subtitles, it seems that there was a error in transcoding & the transcoding (and burning) stopped midway, and (ii) your MKV and subtitles are both 3D and Mezzmo does not yet place the subtitles in the right position so that you get the 3D effect. For (i), please upgrade to Mezzmo v3.0.2.0 and try pre-transcoding the MKV file again. If it fails, then click on the 'Failed' text in the Transcoding pane and send us the FFmpeg output. For (ii), we need a little time to research the subtitle formats in terms of 3D and make sure we are placing the subtitles in the correct position for burning. We'll certainly support 3D for an upcoming version.