PDA

View Full Version : chapters and fast forward

Narnian
02-19-2013, 03:24 PM
I have ripped about 30 dvd's in the normal vob format, at roughly 4gb each. Mezzmo is streaming them to my sony bdp and my samsung galaxy, but I can't fast forward or skip chapters like I can with the disk. Is there a trick to doing this?

Paul
02-20-2013, 07:23 PM
What device profiles are you using with your Sony BDP and Samsung Galaxy? Go to the Media Devices dialog to see this.

itallushrt
02-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Not meaning to hijack this thread, but I'm having the same issues after upgrading.

However, I'm running an Oppo BDP-93 and the device profile is that of an Oppo BDP. I can fast forward @ a max of 2x speed only. No chapter selection is possible.

Paul
02-23-2013, 08:46 PM
You have upgraded to v3.0.2.0? If not, pleaes upgrade to this latest version. If no better, it's probably best to email us a set of logs and we'll take a look.

Narnian
02-24-2013, 03:59 AM
What device profiles are you using with your Sony BDP and Samsung Galaxy? Go to the Media Devices dialog to see this.

The primary device name is Sony Disc Player BDP-S580 and the profile is Sony BDP, HT, SMP.

My Galaxy is using Samsung Galaxy Tab. If I wait a few hours and retry, the Galaxy can fast forward/rewind but it doesn't know what to do with chapters.

I am using 3.0.1.0. I will attempt to upgrade today and try it again.

PS. Hijacking is OK by me. It might give me a clue as to what I'm doing wrong.

Paul
02-25-2013, 10:13 AM
OK - let us know how it goes after the upgrade.

itallushrt
03-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Upgraded. Same behavior. Broken essentially.

Paul
03-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Upgraded. Same behavior. Broken essentially.

Please send us a set of logs and we'll be able to see what Mezzmo and your Oppo are doing. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Reproduce the problem you are having and then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. In your email, also include the FFmpeg information on the video you streamed. Right-click on the video in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.

Pavlov
03-11-2013, 01:01 AM
Not meaning to hijack this thread, but I'm having the same issues after upgrading.

However, I'm running an Oppo BDP-93 and the device profile is that of an Oppo BDP. I can fast forward @ a max of 2x speed only. No chapter selection is possible.

Same here also with BDP-93. If I try to go faster than 2x it starts over or jumps to next file in library. I only noticed this since last update (3.0.2.0)

Paul
03-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Please email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide an updated Oppo device profile for you to try.

Pavlov
03-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Please email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide an updated Oppo device profile for you to try.

Don't want to be pushy but...I was wondering if a fix is on its way.

Thanks

Paul
03-13-2013, 01:08 PM
You're not pushy :) We're just working our way through the weekend's support inquiries. An email will be on its way to you shortly.

Pavlov
03-14-2013, 07:22 AM
Tried the updated device profile but no luck. I mailed a log file.
Thanks

Paul
03-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Thanks - got the logs. We'll analyze them and report back shortly.