PDA

View Full Version : Lost Connection?

fango
07-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Mezzmo working just ok on my home pc, no crashes, shares are visible etc. but there's a problem when streaming all kinds of video files through wired connection, pc (Mezzmo)-wd tv live .. often connection has been lost with message on wd tv live "lost connection to network", then we need to go back on the wd tv live home screen, again choose media server-Mezzmo, folders, play the file .. is there a solution to this issue?

thanks!

win7 ultimate 32bit
mezzmo 2.1.7.0
wd tv live (firmware updated)
wired connection

Paul
07-12-2010, 08:55 AM
We're trying to fix this issue right at this moment, so if you send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com, I'll send you patched versions to try. We also have a WD TV Live here that we're testing, but the issue doesn't come up as often as we'd like it to, so it's really hard to narrow down and fix. But rest assured, we'll have it fixed up.

Dion
07-13-2010, 10:54 AM
We're trying to fix this issue right at this moment, so if you send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com, I'll send you patched versions to try. We also have a WD TV Live here that we're testing, but the issue doesn't come up as often as we'd like it to, so it's really hard to narrow down and fix. But rest assured, we'll have it fixed up.

Good to hear its being worked on. If you need any help let me know. Been wanting to Switch to Mezzmo but WDTV issues have me waiting.

Paul
07-13-2010, 10:58 AM
It's our top priority at the moment. I'll post back here and send patches to everyone who e-mailed support once we're ready. Sorry it's taking so long, but we want to get it right.

fango
07-14-2010, 02:36 PM

..hm, I did send message for a patched version from support page few days ago, but still nothing .. I missed this "once we're ready", sorry ..

Paul
07-14-2010, 02:39 PM
..hm, I did send message for a patched version from support page few days ago, but still nothing .. I missed this "once we're ready", sorry ..
We're still testing the changes, so I'm a bit hesitant to send out a patch at this point. I'll send it out as soon as we think it's stable enough, so don't worry. I appreciate your patience!

JamboUK
07-14-2010, 08:21 PM
We're still testing the changes, so I'm a bit hesitant to send out a patch at this point. I'll send it out as soon as we think it's stable enough, so don't worry. I appreciate your patience!

Hi Dennis. Wishing you all the luck as this problem is at the moment spoiling my enjoyment of what by all accounts appears to be a wonderful application.

All the best.

Paul
07-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Thank you! We're getting very close - we know the "why", it's "how to fix" that's tricky ;)

fango
07-17-2010, 06:32 AM

.. I'm afraid that even after patching Mezzmo server, WD TV Live still losing network connection, about 2-3 times in about hour and the half .. but now I strongly believe that problems is wd tv live-pc and fact that I cannot use network sharing under wd tv live option at all, just when use media server like Mezzmo, with some dropouts, but never the less with some funcionality .. thanks Dennis

Paul
07-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Can you please send in the log files (unless you already have) for when this problem happens? We've got a WD TV Live here, but we never experienced any drop outs using it. Perhaps the logs will shed some light on what's going on.

fango
07-19-2010, 10:18 PM
.. I did create log file at the time when "lost network connection" happened, but first, I'm not sure where to send it and there's a only one log file with some data inside .. under Mezzmo.exe is Mezzmo.txt, is this file you need? .. also, at that time WD TV Live or Mezzmo lost network connection about x2 when watching one video file about 45 minutes long ..

.. ok, after pc restart there's a couple more log files under Mezzmo.exe and MezzmoMediaServer.exe folder, which one?

RMerlin
07-20-2010, 01:30 AM
Probably best to send them both, just in case.

Their email address is support (at) conceiva (dot) com .

fango
07-20-2010, 03:13 AM
.. hm, that's not possible, patched MezzmoMediaService.txt = 143mb!? .. what I'm doing wrong?

thanks!

RMerlin
07-20-2010, 05:33 AM
Don't forget to delete the logs before doing a new "logging sesssion". Just disabling/enabling logging won't delete any existing logs, new entries simply get appended.

fango
07-20-2010, 05:40 AM
I did cleared the previous log, I'll try again tomorrow ..

Paul
07-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Yes, as RMerlin suggested, the best (e.g. easiest for us here to use) way to log is:

1) stop the server
2) clear out the logs, but make sure logging is still turned on
3) start the server
4) do that one operation that fails (e.g., if one file doesn't play, just try to play that one file - no need to play others and it will make the log bigger and more complex to sort out)
5) stop the server
6) zip up (please do zip up, otherwise some files may not go through due to their size) and send *all* log files, especially the first time you contact support
7) the e-mail is support (at) conceiva (dot) com

Here's a link to a post regarding logs as well: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php?t=419

A typical log will be around 5-15 MBs uncompressed. An overnight log can grow to GBs :)

youngboy815
07-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Mezzmo working just ok on my home pc, no crashes, shares are visible etc. but there's a problem when streaming all kinds of video files through wired connection, pc (Mezzmo)-wd tv live .. often connection has been lost with message on wd tv live "lost connection to network", then we need to go back on the wd tv live home screen, again choose media server-Mezzmo, folders, play the file .. is there a solution to this issue?

thanks!

win7 ultimate 32bit
mezzmo 2.1.7.0
wd tv live (firmware updated)
wired connection

I have the same problem.

Paul
07-21-2010, 08:36 AM
I have the same problem.
Please send a message to support for a patched version.